Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sims 4 - Mortimer and Bella are back?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sita

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not inclined to buy it. That's a lot of money for a game.

The picture of Mortimer and Bella's NICE - but as was pointed out, it's an artists' rendering. Remember the video at the start of the Sims 1 games? ALL those lovely houses that we COULD NOT BUILD? They lie.

I always thought there was something special about Sims 1. There's a _flavour_, a humour, that feels missing in the later versions.

Of course to appeal to today's players, or even today's teens, it needs good graphics - think Skyrim, or Dragon Age quality graphics. Not the cartoonish stuff we still have in Sims 3.

That said, I did love the Newbies and have come to love the Goths. Hubby and sons do not believe me when I say I won't buy Sims 4. New Orleans-style would certainly be a shove in the right direction.

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sita wrote:

I always thought there was something special about Sims 1. There's a _flavour_, a humour, that feels missing in the later versions.

I wholeheartedly agree with this! Sims 1 has a sort of humor. Some of it was a little more muddled in sims 2... but I've been playing sims 3 whenever I have a fit madness on and off for years and just found one thing I found funny... and it wasn't even funny enough to stick with me!

Sita wrote:
Of course to appeal to today's players, or even today's teens, it needs good graphics - think Skyrim, or Dragon Age quality graphics. Not the cartoonish stuff we still have in Sims 3.

I actually really like Skyrim, it's one of the few games worth the $60 launch pricetag. But I will fully admit I can't tell the different between that and most other games... even ones with a more "real" setting if the picture is just of a forest or other foliage.

rant
It is unfortunate so many games are starting to look alike... but at the same time I hate how the sims look in sims 3. They look to... blobby. It seems too difficult to get the faces to look... not like flan. Flanface is fun to say at least, more fun to say over and over than it is to wait for the game to load and reload things you have more than enough ram for it to keep loaded.

Sita

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Skyrim is very pretty (but there are other reasons I don't play it). I played Star Wars TOR for a bit, that has the most amazing landscapes - Sims 3 does do landscape fairly well, if you don't look too closely :P

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: