Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sims 1 neighborhood for Sims 3 photo added 14 Mar.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
francot514

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

17mars, do you have all expansion pack??? what is your prefered?
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have them all but I like World Adventures best because, with a mod, your sim can travel to other worlds then come home again. There are many beautiful custom worlds made by modders. I like Seasons a lot too. I also admit to having bought most of the store items like the bakery and the farming items.
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I will admit to liking is being able to use that same mod (I believe it's the same one one) to go live in another world for a while... I BOUGHT this French castle with my money I AM GOING TO LIVE IN IT GOSH DARN IT. laugh
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly! If I'm sick of living in Sunset Valley I can zip off to France or Egypt or pretty much anywhere and the mod lets me live there as long as I want then return when I want.
In Sims 1 I tend to build my dream lots but in Sims 3 I tend to play using other people's. That's why I like both. Each appeal to me for different reasons.
VivianLee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which mod? (I bought most of the expansions, but still need to buy a new desktop. I hope to get it soon.)
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nraas Traveler mod. I wouldn't want to play Sims 3 without Nraas traveler (travel to other worlds), overwatch (finds stuck sims and other things that make your game slow down and fixes them each sim night) and mastercontroller (just what it says- you can change anything pretty much with it and refresh).
I also use a No Zombies mod because I don't want zombies roaming the neighborhood each full moon and one that keeps adults from playing in sprinklers.
VivianLee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll look for them once I get the new computer. Tax refund finally arrived -- now to start shopping!
VivianLee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally! got the new computer and installed the Sims 3. LOL. I've been spending most of my time at The Store. (I've spent an insane amount on Simpoints in the last few days.) I haven't really played yet, but I am so looking forward to it. (Once I stop shopping!)

I do have a question: Where do you usually get your mods?
KarinL

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NRaas Wiki is a good place to start. The ones I have all the time are:
- NoCD
- Overwatch
- MasterController
I also like DeCensor because I hate that blur.

There are tons of mods that get rid of little annoyances, and there are some really big ones that solve big issues or add huge possibilities like the Traveler mod Mars talked about, but those are sort of on an 'install if needed' basis.
I don't really believe in adding mods to a game before you decide what you can and cannot live with...

Overwatch and MasterController are two of the most useful mods around, though, I would hate to play without them.
Overwatch cleans up your coding every night (reboots stuff, recovers Sims that have gone missing, removes tons of stuck cars) and MasterController is what you use to change stuff about your Sim (like their age, job, etc.)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I've located NRaas Wiki. I will get those basic mods. I've been reading up on custom content and I think I will wait for when I need a pick-me-up so to speak. (Since I installed everything except Diesel and Sweet Treats, I think this will be a long time.)
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also never play without Mastercontroller and Overwatch. Also Twallan's Traveller is a must-have for me. I also use a No Zombies mod from Sim Asylum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: