Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

8 years, and I'm back wanting to do the same things

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: 8 years, and I'm back wanting to do the same things Reply with quote

8 years, and I'm back wanting to do the same things laugh

I woke up this morning with a fierce desire to make a certain skin, for the first time in years, and I needed to refresh the steps in my mind. I had to go back to the same question I asked in 2006 http://www.simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?t=212 Good thing we never throw anything out, eh? I couldn't even remember the name of the Lithunwrap program, though if I had gone to the old, old computer I used to make all my skins on, I would have had a shortcut to it on the desktop, in the skinning programs area. yes I never throw anything out, either. laugh

DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh I made the mistake of letting some things get lost... and let me tell you it was not a good choice.
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went to load up my game - and I can't find the DD cd case blush
bluesage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, let me say this right off the bat -- YOU WILL NOT FIND A SERIAL NUMBER HERE. You will only find instructions on how to retrieve a lost serial number. If you never had a serial number to begin with, GO BUY THE GAME. Thank you. Now, for those of you who DID buy the game, but had the misfortune of misplacing your CD Case, there are a few methods to get your serial number

Method 1 - Retrieve from the registration database.
This method is only available if your product registered at Thesims.com or Simcity.com. If you never product registered, you will have to hope Method 2 works for you.

Goto thesims.com or simcity.com
Click on the Register button in the upper left
When it asks you if you own the game, say Yes
Use the Update Registration option -- enter your username and password
Important note: there is somewhat of a bug in the update system. If your password is longer then 10 characters, you will not be able to get to the update screen. If this is the case, you must use Method 2 or 3.
When the registration screen comes up, scroll down to the bottom. Your serial number will be there.

Method 2 - Retrieve from system Registry
This method will only work if you have previously installed The Sims to your hard drive, and you did NOT use the Uninstall program to remove it. If the game was never installed on the hard drive, or your used the uninstaller, this Method will not work. Try Method 1 or 3

WARNING. This method requires you to open your System Registry. This should only be done by experienced computer users. DO NOT CHANGE ANY SETTINGS IN THE REGISTRY. Doing so could render your computer useless. Loco830.org can not be held responsible for system damage caused by attempting to retrieve your serial number this way. Loco830.org is not affiliated with Maxis or Electronic Arts, and as such, these steps are not condoned or approved by Maxis or EA (and neither Maxis nor EA can be held responsible for any effects caused by these steps)

Click on Start, Run and type in regedit and press enter
Click on the + next to...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SOFTWARE
Electronic Arts
Maxis
For The Sims
The Sims
ergc
Click on the folder "ergc"
Your serial number is in the key labeled "(Default)"
For Living Large
The Sims Livin' Large
ergc
Click on the folder "ergc"
Your serial number is in the key labeled "(Default)"
For SimCity 3000 Unlimited
SimCity 3000 Unlimited
Click on the folder "SimCity 3000 Unlimited"
Your serial number is in the key labeled "Serial Number"
Close the Registry Editor without making any changes

Method 3 - Contact Electronic Arts
This is your last ditch chance. You will need to call the EA Tech support at 1-650-628-4311 Monday through Friday 8:30 - 11:45 and 1:00 to 4:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. Good luck.

Sims Living Large

For Missing Registration Numbers
Click Start
Click Run
Type in regedit
Press Enter
Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Click Software.
Click Electronic Arts.
Click Maxis.
Click The Sims, or The Sims Livin' Large, whichever you are missing.
Click ergc
The registration number will be the file in the other windows next to it!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: