Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Sims 4 game play video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: New Sims 4 game play video Reply with quote

It's just 41 days until the release of Sims 4. It's a controversial game from the start because so many elements of previous games (pools, toddlers colour wheel) have been left out.
On the other hand, so far I see this game as being a lot more like Sims 1. Time will tell. I did pre-order it although I intend to keep playing Sims 3 and 1. (I gave away Sims 2.)

Here's the recently released game play video:
http://youtu.be/YfZOMo7q1Iw
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people also hate the graphics in it... but I hate the look of sims 3 so... laugh

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I get excited then have it taken away... I'm probably going to keep playing sims 1 and 2...

17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally don't like the graphics. They look like a Disney Pixar movie to me. But I'm keeping an open mind until I actually play it.

I'm really amused that they regressed from an open neighborhood where sims could walk from one end of the world to the other to a loading screen transition just like Sims 1. Maybe that's one of the reasons this game is supposed to be easier on the computer specs. I think I'm going to have some Sims 1 Old Town moments when my Sims 4 sims head out on the town. I don't think I'll mind this feature though as I sometimes get fed up waiting for my sims 3 sim to ride a bike all the way downtown. Maybe the loading screen will be shorter.
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sims 3 was very poor with it's memory management. I could play Skyrim on ultimate but only have a small number of lots loaded at once, and they never loaded quickly enough to make it properly seamless. I would prefer a proper loading screen to stuttering.

And, I'm not a big graphics person... they're readable and pleasant enough to look at. Although I actually kind of preferred the weird cubist style before they made the shading softer...

It seems like a laundry list of little things I didn't like about sims 3 will be removed and some features I liked about sims 2 will be back. I always hated, back to the sims 2 days, the ultra-shiny custom hairs. I don't hate the play-doh wads so much.

I'm not crazy about infants included over toddlers and teens that are adult height seems lazy.

The real clincher for me is that playing sims 3 almost required a 'legacy' game which I am not really interested in doing. I have called my play style soap-opera-sitcom since the sims 1 days, so I'm interested to see if EA actually means something by that of if it's more rhetoric.

I many points about the game being 'regressive' are valid, it's technically marvelous... and many of the meshes and models seem recycles from Bustin' Out. I still just can't get angry over it when I didn't like sims 3 though. I had my anger of the series I loved 'turning' on me years ago. The fact that I might get a new game that I can play for more than 20 minutes without being bored (OR spending 18+ hours building a house to never play it or see it again!) is exciting.

Someone pointed out how awful the furniture looked and how the building didn't look great. I pointed out it was called 'The Sims' and not 'The Chairs'. Sims 3 feels much more like a world builder to me than a sims game where you actually play the sims for any length of time. That's why I'm excited for sims 4. Maybe I'll get to play my sims instead of just setting up a town and watching it passively.

KarinL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the free Sims 2 from Origin yesterday, but haven't installed it yet. I didn't like it back when it was first out, and was happy to continue playing Sims 1 (which I'd only just discovered anyway).
I love Sims 3, but I can't get excited about Sims 4 at all. Didn't like the CAS demo for more than a few hours, didn't like what I saw in the videos, so I'm not getting that either.

I think I've resigned myself to being an 'odd' Simmer and I'll sit this one out and see what Sims 5 will bring... laugh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: