Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sims 4 Specs revealed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Sims 4 Specs revealed Reply with quote

Here's what you'll need to run it:

REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.

OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1

PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent) MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM

HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games

DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only

VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better

SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible

INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow it looks like they intend for the game to run on potatoes.
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they did say it would run on low end computers and it looks like they kept their word.
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but I didn't realize they meant low end computers in 2006. rolleyes
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure its part of their marketing strategy. Some Sims 1 and 2 players who avoided 3 might be tempted to try 4 because it runs on rickety machines and has many favourite elements from both 1 and 2.
purplewowies

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, I have a Macbook Pro (running Boot Camp) with rather mid-level specs in the Windows environment, and I feel like memory may even still be an issue if I were to ever go for 4 (I'm not thinking about it at this point, though I am eyeing the CAS demo). Even as the rest is lower-end than this. XP

Then again, this computer won't let me use all its RAM (it has 4, but it only lets Windows see about half that), I treat this computer horribly, and my dad's computers that are actually from 2006 and stuff have these specs. laugh
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. Sort of a disclaimer tweeted. Apparently higher end machines load and run the game faster. Makes you wonder what "slower" is.
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

17mars wrote:
Ah. Sort of a disclaimer tweeted. Apparently higher end machines load and run the game faster. Makes you wonder what "slower" is.

Everything they tweet is damage control anymore. rolleyes I'm still sort of excited for this, but only because I was so unimpressed with sims 3 EA could mail me a pair of socks in a box and I would probably think it was an improvement, because at least the socks are useful.... laugh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: