Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skinning is hard on the aging body

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Skinning is hard on the aging body Reply with quote

laugh Sitting still and peering at pixels wreaks havoc with old bodies like mine!
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh
Sita

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hug Bruja, can you increase your screen size? (or put your glasses on LOL) I KNOW the feeling all too well, but I found lowering screen resolution on a modern monitor helped a LOT with Sims 1.
And get a decent computer chair. You need to sit in the right position or it will make you ache.

See image on this page http://www.lower-back-pain-toolkit.com/computer-ergonomics.html

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Sita. I admit that I've been working on a laptop for sheer convenience, since this is such a busy time. I need to get back to the newer desktop and its nice ergonomic chair.

But the keyboard on that one isn't working right, and I'm a big user of hot keys in PSP.

Sita

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered about that - laptops are VERY bad for posture.

(I used to work with a Health and Safety Officer - he drove everyone nuts and was way too officious - the annoying thing was he was often RIGHT X)

Time for a new keyboard?

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sita wrote:

Time for a new keyboard?

Possibly. This time of year is so busy that I haven't checked to see what else might be the problem. I've got a few other possible computer issues; I need to make myself a list of what I need to fix them, and try to get everything in a single trip. Living in the boonies, about 30 km from 3 different cities (in 3 different directions) big enough to support much beyond convenience and grocery stores means lists and careful planning to avoid wasting huge amounts of time and gas.

I thought maybe today, but it's snowing, and 15 cm of snow is expected between now and nightfall. I got a vast amount of Xmas shopping accomplished yesterday, so maybe I'll stay home and wrap presents. Another bad posture activity!

Sita

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<hugs>>

We live in a small town and it's still hard to get organised and get all the bits we need, so I feel your pain, and with snow as well... Can you order a keyboard online?

Hope your back is better soon, Bruja. Can you use Brufen cream (ibuprofen)?

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hug

The only thing wrong with my back is insufficient movement. I just need to remind myself to get out of the chair and do some tai chi exercises. I'm really amazingly healthy, free of all the major health risks that come with age. As for creams, I found that glucosamine/chondroiten cream was the only thing that really worked when I tore a rotator cuff by slipping on ice when I was carrying a bag stuffed with hard cover books.

Sita

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting, reading up on it. I have some osteoarthritis, and the brufen cream is the only painkiller I use, but the chondroitin sounds as if it might well be helpful.

whistle

Andrasta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boonies?
What does that mean - countryside?

Hope you can have a new keyboard soon and sit in your ergonomic chair again yes

I could not do with a notebook, I need a big screen to recognize the pixels rolleyes laugh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: