Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it just me or everyone can't join a yahoo group?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leon007

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject: Is it just me or everyone can't join a yahoo group? Reply with quote

To get more sims 1 objects, I try to join a yahoo group.
But this is what I got. mad

I tred to join other groups, failed.
I tried different browser: Firefox, Chrome, even IE. failed.
I even used VPN proxy, still F-A-I-L-E-D.
Right now I'm almost crazy. angry
Then I saw many people on yahoo answers also complaint about this.
So I'm asking for your...try, Can you join a yahoo group?
It's important to me, THX!
purplewowies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just joined a random savingthesims group for science and got in just fine. I'm going to assume you put in the captcha code right.

(For reference, here's what I put in on the screen for the group I tried (savingthesims91):

Display Name: purplewowies [left the last name box blank]
Yahoo! Alias: [I have three; I picked the one I normally use for sims groups]
Email: [also have three; also picked the one I use for sims groups]
Message Delivery: Special Notices
Captcha was correct, clicked send request with no issues.

The only thing I can think of is clicking the x and reloading the page to see if perhaps the request went through but it didn't put you back at the group page or maybe trying a different message delivery or email address on the unlikely chance that would help.

I'll try the specific group you tried to see if it "kicks" me, too, just in case it's limited to certain groups.

EDIT: Bleh! It let me in! I REALLY have no idea what it could be other than a location-based or even account-based problem (or perhaps an incorrect captcha... or just one the box didn't think is correct, but that would give you a specific message)... I'm sorry that I don't know what to do! blush
Leon007

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

purplewowies wrote:
I just joined a random savingthesims group for science and got in just fine. I'm going to assume you put in the captcha code right.

(For reference, here's what I put in on the screen for the group I tried (savingthesims91):

Display Name: purplewowies [left the last name box blank]
Yahoo! Alias: [I have three; I picked the one I normally use for sims groups]
Email: [also have three; also picked the one I use for sims groups]
Message Delivery: Special Notices
Captcha was correct, clicked send request with no issues.

The only thing I can think of is clicking the x and reloading the page to see if perhaps the request went through but it didn't put you back at the group page or maybe trying a different message delivery or email address on the unlikely chance that would help.

I'll try the specific group you tried to see if it "kicks" me, too, just in case it's limited to certain groups.

EDIT: Bleh! It let me in! I REALLY have no idea what it could be other than a location-based or even account-based problem (or perhaps an incorrect captcha... or just one the box didn't think is correct, but that would give you a specific message)... I'm sorry that I don't know what to do! blush

THX for your reply.
I just try your way, It works! But then I use my own way to join a group, it also works.
WAT-DA-HACK. jfade's psycho
I think I'm sure there is a problem with yahoo, but any way, thanks for your helping! thumbsup
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: