Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THANKYOU! request completed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raeven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
adding the bmps to skins

This is clearly another misunderstanding.
Above I talked about simply changing the file names on the hand BMPs. No adding to skins.

Naming the hands that way does work. I've done it. The game mechanic for it to work is built into the game.

Quote:
i tried it with a boa and the boa showed up, i tried it with hands the hands did not show up

A boa and the hands as described in my previous post are apples and oranges. The game mechanic that pairs a hand BMP to an outfit works for the hands only, so it is something else that you did with a boa.

Raeven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gloves are enlarged but since hands move around and props don't there's still flickering. I included the original sized ones in case someone wants to try to be more precise.

I did not test on non-residential lots, costume changes or most other things that cause a sim to be redrawn.

The internal name in your head mesh was incorrect. I have fixed that.
I changed the naming of the glove files to be more conventional.

cdp0madrk_drop_kamachi.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  cdp0madrk_drop_kamachi.zip
 Filesize:  15.62 KB
 Downloaded:  94 Time(s)

zosa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is because the mesh i used was a prop, i just tweaked it so the head underneath the prop would not show up and that way it would still function properly. the head-shape is actually a repainted helmet, it works cleanly and without issue in my game that way whereas before it cause weird lagging issues

i tried renaming in the past and that does not work either but i will try again to add your files in, before i do anything though, pleasee tell me; is there ANYTHING no matter how small that i need to do first? like, can i have every step starting from 'download zip' to 'start game', please?

also i am so exhausted i cannot see right so i am going to bed, i will be up later

Raeven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zosa wrote:
that is because the mesh i used was a prop, i just ...

I don't know what this is in response to.

Quote:
i tried renaming in the past and that does not work either

Then I guess either our games somehow work differently or whatever unspecified thing you have been renaming isn't what I assume you mean.

Quote:
before i do anything though, pleasee tell me; is there ANYTHING no matter how small that i need to do first? like, can i have every step starting from 'download zip' to 'start game', please?

Honestly, I don't think that will be useful. I have been doing my level best to be as detailed, accurate, and step-by-step as possible. But we still ended up in situations such as me saying to list the 3 meshes (head, right hand, left hand) in a cmx, you saying you tried and it didn't work and then also saying that you don't, in fact, have hand meshes. I'm still not clear what it is you worked on if you didn't have meshes to list. I can only conclude that you mean other things by the terms we've been using and so there is no way for me to list the steps in any way useful to you.

Plus there are no steps. I just spent my whole morning not only doing it but tidying it all up file names and over 3 hours trying to get the best size and position I can manage. There is nothing left for you to do but install the files and test it out. I am sure you will decide the clipping is too much and not want to use it. At that point you can delete it or perhaps someone with better tools can remake the hand prop in a size and positioning that covers the hand better. If that seems like it would not be worth the risk then you've made the right decision in not doing anything with the file. Best to simply cut your losses now.

zosa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you said the internal name for the head mesh was wrong, i am saying that is because the head was originally two separate parts put together and i deleted one part to the other would be the only functioning piece(that is i deleted the head mesh/bmp/xskin and left only the helmet mesh/bmp/xskin in it

the sims is notorious for parts not working the same between games due to differing set-ups in the game (that is complete-collection, full expansion install, base game-only and combinations of deluxe sets) and conflicting custom content already installed

you many have something in your skins folder that makes the hands work when they shouldn't and i may have something in mine that makes them not work when they should

i meant it in the literal sense of you walk me through it as if i don't know how to download something into my game at all. i don't want there to be a different step that you take that you assume i will take as well. it could be something as simple as needing to put the hands in a different folder as well as in skins or not in skins at all or there needing to be any name changes or/something/. i really cannot think of what you could be doing that i am not doing as well

i have a copy of both the cmx and xskin files for default hands but i DONT have cmx files OR xskin files for custom hands, even my skins that come with custom hands do not have cmx files or xskin files for the hands, none of them

i am also concerned because i looked at every last one and not a single one(head or body) has meshes or xskins for hands, not a single one, they only have bmp files

clipping means very little to me unless the hands are stationary and do not move with the arms

i will try it now but i really wish you would just give me the steps to download the thing into my game instead of telling me i know what to do and that there is not point. i must be sure i am following all of the same steps as you and i am concerned there may be a difference in the exacution

zosa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it works!!!! YAY! i mean there are four copies of the head in my game(two sets of two) but the hands show up!!!! aaah<3

as a show of gratitude please tell me if there is a skin or object you would like in return<3 i can only do bmps and my objects are just reskins of existing ones(i am more cosmetic than coding as you can clearly see) but i can totally do something for you<3

Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! really glad it worked! Hope the clipping isn't too bad.
Lending a... wait. no. that just sounds like I am trying to make a pun. Helping out is my pleasure.
The few projects I am working on at the moment are all coding, but I do thank you for the offer!

zosa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got to hand it to you, you are a stronger person than i when it comes to holding back a pun 8D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: