Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Invisible Flies Or Something Generating Fly Buzzing Noise?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raeven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW I have always had weird things happen when I use move objects so I am not entirely surprised that you find files that are left behind now. When I use it now I always make sure to turn it back off before entering live mode. This way scripts that are already running wont (or have a lower chance to) hiccup.
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, some objects which can be deleted with move_objects don't properly "clean up" when the user deletes them because you're not supposed to delete them that way.

It would make sense for the game to play a displaced sound at the corner of the lot as well.

For reference: go here objects can persist past their usefulness if the for some reason the marker object thinks the sim is still trying to route to it, but the sim has moved on. The object should be removed if (1) the sim arrives, (2) the sim fails routing, (3) the action is dropped from the sim's queue either by another action taking priority or the user canceling it. However if an en route sim is reset or otherwise interrupted in a way that doesn't cancel the action the object may get stuck waiting for the sim to arrive. Of course sometimes it does realize and politely excuse itself.

Shoo markers seem to be the worst for it since it is possible for the sim to have moved on from the shoo action before they are ever introduced to it.

kat165

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Raeven. I do the same. As soon as I've moved my sim or whatever
object I want to move I turn the cheat off. I've found that if I leave
it on it's so easy to accidentally remove stuff I don't want to - like
the mailbox or garbage can or some portal.

Damon, that makes sense. Maybe that's what the fly sound is? A half-ass
cleanup?

I think those commands look see/go here do get interrupted when I
go live & use the move objects cheat to move my sim. I've probably
interrupted whatever action they were about to take when I went live
& took over them. Thanks, I hadn't realized that.

Maybe this is another clue as to that fly sound, something leftover.
Now if we can only find a cure.

Something mentioned above about pets makes me wonder if this fly sound
only happens on lots with pets. It's been so long since I've played &
have had to deal with this problem. So I don't remember if my fly lots
had pets.

All the fly buzzing lots I have/had were deleted upon reinstall. I
didn't save any of my previous lots. Although I do have a folder that I
move into the game when I want to play which contains objects, a house
& a sim to play with. This lot also required the fly buzzing sound. And
yes, this sim does have a pet.

What surprised me is that even after 2 reinstalls, one with a completely
different installation (CC as opposed to the individual expansions)
the fly lot problem continued to replicate. And I did not save any of
the previous lots or put them back into the game.
bluesage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

example: sad

Flies, Pulsing, Tech sounds. surprise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPTxQxY0Cy0
'
kat165

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Blue, that's about the size of it. Impossible to get rid of. Thanks for
film. It's essential to have this documented. :)
bluesage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad for the interest and input.

Thanks, Kat. smile
kat165

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. And, as always, thank you, Blue. I enjoy any and all of your sims creativity. And again, I'm so sorry that you have this problem also.
XANA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey sorry about not showing up for some time...

Well, I don't think this issue relates to usage of any cheat (such as move_objects), because I have never used that cheat in this house before.

Instead, if I need to get rid of a stuck sim I just use the 'Bye For Now Controller' or other teleporter objects to do the job. If it's a stuck object, then I use move_objects -- but again, that's why this house took days to get right (that with such a large amount of objects, it was a priority to avoid crashing and having to correct stuck objects/sims).

I already examined the list of objects used/spawned on the lot (using the IFF file) and none of them point to any spoiled food objects or unexplained/missing food objects (every food object on the lot is there because an NPC made it, such as the custom chefs or the butlers). None of them point to other objects that might be spoiled (as seen via examination of the lot in-game) and there are literally no flies, roaches, dogs, cats on the lot that might explain this effectively.

Maybe this is being caused by an out-of-world object or maybe it is just a game glitch like some that were kept from Unleashed onwards in Complete Collection. I don't suppose any object exists that would kill all sounds on the entire lot when it is placed (or an object that would reset all objects in-world and out-of-world)?

I just wish I knew what I did to create this situation, at least then I could find out something like so-and-so object makes this happen or such-and-such NPC has a bug that causes this and avoid it.
kat165

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me, too Xana. And what's even more puzzling is that so few of us have come across this problem. I don't know what your gameplay is like but I'm pretty sure Blue & I have very disimiliar gameplay. I know Blue uses a lot of neat custom skins whereas I rarely add new skins to my game. And I don't think he or you are using or have used the Odd's pc that creators a delivery man.

I'm pretty sure it's not a food/poop item. I think it's a sound issue. And if its a glitch carried over from Unleashed then it's probably part of CC too which is what I now have installed. Otherwise, I think when I installed CC as opposed to my previous installation of individual expansion packs the problem would have gone away.

I think this happens rarely, too, because aside from us I don't know of anyone else who has had or has this problem. And believe me, I've posted at sim boards everywhere trying to figure this out & get rid of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: