Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modify Butler Start & End Times

View previous topic :: View next topic  
XANA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: Modify Butler Start & End Times Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to modify for my game the times where the butler (Alfred) starts working and leaves the lot. And, optionally, modify the amount of money he charges.

Is this possible (e.g stored in his IFF file) or is it hard-coded into Superstar itself?

What about the butler from C&C Enterprises, can he have his start & end times & payment changed since he is a custom butler and therefore not tied to Superstar?

500 a day seems a bit much for how little Alfred works during the day - same for the C&C butler (who charges less).

It's apparently doable for custom content creators because I found a third butler from somewhere that charges a different amount, but I don't know if the work times are changeable...

I'd appreciate some pointers on where to look, if what I'm asking for is possible!
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The end time is coded in his iff but the start time is probably in the phone plugin that schedules him.
Raeven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The maxis butler's fee is in BCON 4096, line #1 of his IFF file (NPC_Superstar_Butler.iff)
XANA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What phone plugin schedules the Maxis Butler?

I found references in NPC_Superstar_Butler.iff to 'game simulation hours' connecting to a 'leave' / 'leave now' command, but nothing that directly comes out saying that it matches with the midnight time Alfred leaves.

I know what phone plugin schedules the C&C butler, so I can look there for modifying Cary Grant the way I want.

I have looked through the Superstar FAR and I must have missed the phone plugin's name with all the content packed into it!
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could check ExpansionShared, particularly if you have CC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: