Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martlet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:05 am    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I've been playing the Sims 1 ever it came out and have recently have been on a downloading frenzy after having not thought about downloading for years. Sad to see so many old sites gone, and sadder to see SimFreaks giving me malware messages just as I was planning to rob it of all its freebies. I've never been on CTO Sims and am dying to get a chance. In the meantime I've been running around trying to find as many sites to nab things from as I can and have found my way here. I'm afraid I've missed out on a lot, but I'm thrilled to see sites still active and such a big big community devoted to this awesome game!

I've been especially collecting TSO stuff. I never played the game and had no idea there was some cool official stuff I never saw. My collection remains patchy but I'm happy to have the Afghan and St Bernard thanks to this site.

If anyone has the Jack Russell from TSO I would LOVE to have it.
I will probably share some pet skins I made in the past at some point, and I intend to make some more now that I have dived back in. I'm particularly interested in dog breeds, so if anyone has any unique meshes+skins to share I'd love to have those too (I saw a Cocker Spaniel somewhere in a post that I wish I had).

Nice to meet you all!
forestbalrog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site and nice to meet you! smile I'm new here too.

I actually just went on a downloading frenzy and got all the stuff I liked on SimFreaks last year. I was surprised to see it down when I checked their site last week. I don't have everything, but I have a decent sized folder and it's pretty organized with some pictures and stuff. I have it backed up on my google drive account so if you're interested I'd be happy to share a link.
Skirlasvoud

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forestbalrog wrote:
Welcome to the site and nice to meet you! smile I'm new here too.

I actually just went on a downloading frenzy and got all the stuff I liked on SimFreaks last year. I was surprised to see it down when I checked their site last week. I don't have everything, but I have a decent sized folder and it's pretty organized with some pictures and stuff. I have it backed up on my google drive account so if you're interested I'd be happy to share a link.

It's always disconcerting to see entire Sim sites just... vanish the next day. All that hard work an artistry, just gone. It's especially shocking when the site looked good and well kept. Gave you the feeling it will last as an institution, but nope. Just... gone the next week.

I think I started collecting when The Maxx / The Isz was taken down just temporarily in 2009. Those guys had gorgeous skins. It went back on-line a few weeks later, but by that time I knew the community wouldn't last.

After Night Time Sims went down, together with SIMpy Elau, I was happy I had trawled through the web to save what I could.

I forgot about Google Drive. That's 15 gigs! What do you need to share the link? Simply a google account? And can you share with strangers, or do you need their e-mail?
martlet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be awesome. I would love to have whatever anyone can give me. Point me to the link and I'm there!
forestbalrog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, really sad to see sites get taken down so easily, they just suddenly vanish. I try to get everything I can and back stuff up now because you never know what you're going to end up losing!

Skirlasvoud wrote:
I forgot about Google Drive. That's 15 gigs! What do you need to share the link? Simply a google account? And can you share with strangers, or do you need their e-mail?

Sorry if I took awhile to respond, I was out of town! If you haven't found out already, yes all you need is a google account. When you set it up, you can use Google Chrome to upload entire folders and sub-folders, and then you can just edit how you want the folder to be shared - you can set it so other people can edit the files or just so that anyone with the link can view/download.

martlet wrote:
That would be awesome. I would love to have whatever anyone can give me. Point me to the link and I'm there!

Here's what I have:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1yIHeg0cydMTHAyaGQzZG1KRWc&usp=sharing

I don't have anything put into .rar folders though, so make sure when you download them you choose to save them to the folder you want. I tried to save pictures too, but I don't always download every item in the set. Hopefully you can find some things you want! biggrin
martlet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome! Thanks! There were quite a few things I wanted. I remember now I used to have the Tuscan kitchen in my old game, so that's a good one.

The only problem I found is the skill camera. I couldn't download the extra files. It just showed the file names but no way to download them. It was same for the swings, but I think I might have those.

Thanks again!
forestbalrog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martlet wrote:
The only problem I found is the skill camera. I couldn't download the extra files. It just showed the file names but no way to download them. It was same for the swings, but I think I might have those.

Thanks again!

Sorry about that, that's so confusing! I checked it out and couldn't figure it out myself, but after messing around with it for a few minutes I finally got it. If you click on it (putinskinsfolder.zip) and move your mouse around, a black bar appears at the top of the browser and there's a little download button, that will allow you to download the zip folder. I took a screenshot too since it's kind of hard to find:

Hopefully that solves the problem! smile
martlet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha! Thanks! It's so simple once you realize it's there.
forestbalrog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martlet wrote:
Gotcha! Thanks! It's so simple once you realize it's there.

Lol I don't know why they don't make it bigger, it's really difficult to notice!
PuchiMausu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forestbalrog wrote:

Here's what I have:

Thank you so much for this omg. biggrin
forestbalrog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuchiMausu wrote:
forestbalrog wrote:

Here's what I have:

Thank you so much for this omg. biggrin

Of course! biggrin SimFreaks was easily one of my favorite sites, sad to see it gone after so long but happy to share what I was lucky enough to get!
PuchiMausu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forestbalrog wrote:

Of course! biggrin SimFreaks was easily one of my favorite sites, sad to see it gone after so long but happy to share what I was lucky enough to get!

Yeah, I'm really sad to see it's gone, especially since it doesn't seem to have any yahoo groups dedicated to "saving" it. Thank goodness you were able to save a bunch of it though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: