Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tso Two-Person Portal v2 2016.04.05 updated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tq03q9i

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:41 am    Post subject: tso Two-Person Portal v2 2016.04.05 updated Reply with quote

One of the last inventions of the reclusive genius Dr. Despret was what he called a "chivalry detector." Without the aid of another Sim, it is impossible to pass through this door. Built according to the mad inventor's specifications, this portal lends a touch of teamwork to the simple act of entering and exiting.
Access Control: Place the two-person door where the wheel is on the inside of the room and the door is accessible to the outside. You can then turn the wheel and open the door to let someone in.

Puzzle Building: Use to build a maze or puzzle where two people must work together to solve. Tips for effective maze building:
1. Block off access to wheels you don't want players to use by building walls against them or putting an object in front of them.
2. The wheel on a two-person door will open all two-person doors of the same color. You might build a maze that requires one player to open the door for another player by turning a wheel on a different two-person door, of the same color, somewhere else in the puzzle.
3. Using the same color two person door more than once or twice in a maze can make the solution less obvious, but also may inadvertently give them more than one way to solve it. To make sure the maze isn't easier than you intended, look at other possible paths than what you intended, and watch the first few players try and solve your maze. You may be surprised at the path they find.
animations converted by peter9g
misc-fixes by me
2016.04.05 updated:
fixed sims can't holding door issue£¬thanks Roobs report
enjoy this objects smile

tso_2personportal v2.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tso_2personportal v2.rar
 Filesize:  737.55 KB
 Downloaded:  151 Time(s)

Last edited by tq03q9i on Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:45 am; edited 7 times in total
bluesage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ityvm
puzzlebook

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks1
Sita

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh so now we can lock them in mazes without using walls and IT's ALL THEIR FAULT!!!! EXCELLENT! (evil laugh)

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
André

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy!!! biggrin
Roobs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really great, but I've noticed that the door starts closing as soon as it has been opened, which means the other Sim tends to walk through the door.

I was playing FreeSO (that TSO revival project) to test some objects out, and it seems that the first Sim is supposed to turn the wheel and hold the door open until the action is cancelled. Then the other Sim can pass through unobstructed.
lmrichardson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you :D
tq03q9i

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roobs wrote:
This is really great, but I've noticed that the door starts closing as soon as it has been opened, which means the other Sim tends to walk through the door.

I was playing FreeSO (that TSO revival project) to test some objects out, and it seems that the first Sim is supposed to turn the wheel and hold the door open until the action is cancelled. Then the other Sim can pass through unobstructed.

fixed

Last edited by tq03q9i on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
tq03q9i

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roobs wrote:

2016.04.05 updated:
fixed sims can't holding door issue£¬thanks Roobs report
please re download laugh
martlet

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
So... the portal was working alright for me (they were holding the wheel at least, though the other person was passing through the door a little at head level) but when I put in version 2 now they won't hold the door and the other sim walks right through the mostly closed door. Sadly I saved over the other version. Not sure what to do.

tq03q9i

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martlet wrote:
Hi,
So... the portal was working alright for me (they were holding the wheel at least, though the other person was passing through the door a little at head level) but when I put in version 2 now they won't hold the door and the other sim walks right through the mostly closed door. Sadly I saved over the other version. Not sure what to do.

seems this object work instability...still need do more research sad
francot514

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the sim animation is the problem you need to check converted files, but if there is object inestability in the BHAV you need to check for primitives that does delay the action process like for example Play Anim- Glob Wait for notify- Glob idle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: