Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pigeon Post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattydontlikeit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Pigeon Post Reply with quote

Something I have been mulling over, and probably applicable to many different themes. A telephone replacement, in the form of a carrier pigeon, or even a pigeon coop. I don't know how practical it'd be to actually change the animations to show a Sim releasing a pigeon or anything like that, but it sounds to me like a cool and appropriate sort of replacement, and I know I've seen pigeon graphics here and there in my travels. Just throwing it out there. I'm honestly a little surprised that nobody has done this already in a Harry Potter theme, what with the owls and all.

Additionally, in the vein of the DT/VI/Studio Town phone replacements at Some Sim Things, has anyone considered doing one as a telegraph operator?
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtaman made most of those phones, and I don't think he wanted to put time in to make new skins for the fake sims. He used a couple from the costume trunk, I think, plus one of Dr Pixel's and one of mine.

So find a good head and a good body skins for a telegraph operator, my dear steam punker, and maybe you can get a Victorian away lot phone made whistle

mattydontlikeit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A hunting I will go. I found one skin that would be perfect, with the addition of a stylish and functional top hat, but it's unfortunately on SimFreaks, which I haven't joined yet, though I'm certain I'm going to have to soon; between them and Sim Snobs, my self-prohibition against paysites is going to have to be suspended, at least for a month of heavy downloading, at some near future point.
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use a SimFreaks skin to make your own fake sim to use as the graphics for a telegraph operator phone, or ask Simfreaks for permission to use it for an object for release. mtaman and Hedda at SomeSimThings are very helpful and unlikely to mind your using their phones as bases.
mattydontlikeit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I am going to take a shot at the pigeon-phone first, then look into the other. The more I think about it, the easier it sounds to just replace a table phone's graphics with a pigeon. Animations I might see about later, when I'm more comfortable with the process.
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the best of my recollection, the away lot phones at SomeSimThings aren't animated.
mattydontlikeit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the Sim goes through the motions of using a telephone. I'd like to get those animations out of there at the very least. What would be golden would be if I can puzzle out how to make the telegraph fellow's hand move, and also to get a faux "Morse Code" tapping sound in there. We'll see though. I'm only just getting started on any of this stuff, and every discipline has its own unique learning curve. True to form, I find myself with a need to learn ALL of it, all at once, but I've been working to tone that down and take each bit one step at a time.
maximum411

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of an old thread- but just noticed it.
In the Makin' Magic magic trick table, there is a trick where a dove is released and flies away. This could probably be incorporated into a phone... Anyway, just a suggestion.

DamonDamore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Crumplebottom haa a suitable clothing mesh, I think. The hat and all is attached to the clothes. If you remove the purse prop, I think it would look quite nice.

I imagine my telegraph operates much like telephone operaters with red outfits and all, so that might be why I picked her.

(I should set up a steampunk theme game...)

Andrasta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of pigeons I can offer messenger ravens for home, UL and VAC:

http://www.doortomore.net/andrasta_dusk.html

Great idea to make them fly away! Mine don't unfortunately.

jonesie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrasta...LOVE those ravens!!
Thank you!!! hug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: