Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nice to see a living board. Collector checking in to Share

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skirlasvoud

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Nice to see a living board. Collector checking in to Share Reply with quote

Nice to see somewhat of a Sims 1 community still alive. :)

I'm Skirlasvoud, an avid, somewhat OCD gamer who has recently gone through his folder of classics and decided to play the likes of Startopia and the Sims 1 again. Yes, sims 1. Never got into the newer ones and the classics have a more honest, sincere feel to them.

That, and I have an impressive collection of old stuff on an old hard-drive that is just waiting to get finally used. Some 2 gigs worth of stuff.

You see, a lot of the fun in the Sims 1 I've had, was using custom made fantasy to play out self-made scenarios in the game. Since I couldn't choose and many of these scenarios were based around skins I could find instead of the other way around, I simply perused the internet for them and gathered them all like an avid collector.

In 2009-2010, I also begin te realize how the amount of custom content sites for the sims 1 out there was beginning to shrink and I spend about a summer back then methodically going by lists, combing through sites to download the best they had on offer.
I wasn't a very good conservationist mind you, I just picked what I liked, but still, 2 gigs is nothing to sneeze over.

I made the archive... then promptly lost interest and moved on... until now. I'm finally committed to putting the hard work I put in back then, into the actual damn game.

Nowadays, I'm not so much in touch with the community anymore and I've promised myself to stop hoarding and play the game with what I have. I can imagine however, that an additional 6 years haven't been kind to the community and a lot of the stuff I have, has now vanished.

If anyone would like it, I could share some of the best I've got.

Back then I pillaged (looks over directory):

2 for u
4 eversimfantasy
7 deadlysims
8 deadlysims
After Midnight
Alice World
Allysas sims
around the sims
BunnyWuffles
Cherry Lips
Comic Skins
Cool Sims
Corry's
CTO Sims
Daisy Sims
Dark Arts Sims
DarkSide Sims
Deviant Sims
Dincer Hepguler's
Ephralon
Fantasims
Goth Sims
JillD
KainVictus
Karolute
M&M needful things
Mariane's sims
Mermaid's cove
Missie's world
Monster Party
Nothing Ordinary
Ophelia
Peggy's
Persimon
Picklesim
Rensim
Shannasims
Showcase
Sim Sketches
Simderella
Simdungeon
SimEventyr
SimGodess
Similarion
Simmorphor
SIMply elau
Simsisters
Simsylvania
Simtania
Simwitch
Simzalabim
Skins by JillD
Sophisticated Sims
Special Pets Bastdawn
Sunair sims
Twilight Sims
Vendetta Sims
Vira's
Wood Sims

Special mention goes to these gems:

All about skins (Leprechaun Child, several Fantasy races + buyables)
Blarney Stone (Skin Doctor)
Boudicca's Landscapes (Ability to create basements by creating hill houses)
Spiffy Sims (some awesome looking angels)
Nighttime Sims (BIG depot)
Parsimonious (High Quality)
Shay's/Paradox (More fantasy races + Buyables + Best damn Tifa Lockhart Skin out there.)
The Isz/Maxx Sims

If any of these names strike you has having something really good you could remember... shoot me up. I might have it.
zosa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wood sims or wood for sims? if it is the latter you and i might need to have a lil' chat oWo<3

either way though, welcome and quite a few of those sites are gone now. you have some things that cannot be gotten otherwise that are a super big boon to the community if they can be shared

DamonDamore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTO is coming back after upgrades.

As for scenarios I know what you mean. I used to set up each household as, like, a mini sit-com. One woman was married to the grim reaper, I recall.

Skirlasvoud

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zosa wrote:
wood sims or wood for sims? if it is the latter you and i might need to have a lil' chat oWo<3

either way though, welcome and quite a few of those sites are gone now. you have some things that cannot be gotten otherwise that are a super big boon to the community if they can be shared

Not sure how to share yet, but I'd be happy to create a dropbox thing somewhere. If there's an official way of sharing stuff, point me at it zosa. I'm willing, but lazy. I try to be not that involved for fear of developing another download obsession.

The files I've got for the wood sims, identify themselves as from:

www.woodforsims.de

So yeah, I think I have what you want. AGAIN however, I'm picky and I have a very, very faint memory it was a pay site, so I just grabbed what I could (and liked).

Take a looksie at what I have:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kkjvn0b1t2hzoev/AABegVXF_h3kSPEMUSekr0oxa?dl=0

Again, if people want it, they'll need to ask for it. I'm not going to run after you lot. ;-)

EDIT: Isn't Woodforsims still active? I can access the site just fine...
zosa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's still there but the host is long gone XD you can get the freebies but that's it

as far as items go there is nothing i don't want since wfs stuff matches my collection style(them and dincer and ats are my staples). for a while parts of the pay stuff was hosted on another site but i have a bad habit of going months without backing up my game so when it goes to pot i loose lots of stuff x______x

well, i use sendspace.com but i dunno if that is the best way to do it since it has a finite timer for downloading(i think 90 days?) and everything has to be zipped first. dropbox could be the best bet

martlet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm super interested in anything I can get. I was inactive for a long time when it comes to downloading, though I never stopped playing. I've only just started trying to get stuff from the few remaining sites, but it's obvious I've missed a lot.

If there's some way to do it, I'd take the lot. wink
Skirlasvoud

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martlet wrote:
Hi,
I'm super interested in anything I can get. I was inactive for a long time when it comes to downloading, though I never stopped playing. I've only just started trying to get stuff from the few remaining sites, but it's obvious I've missed a lot.

The Problem is that my Dropbox has a limit of some 2 gigs...

but I could make a "best of" compilation and share the link later on. :)

Check in here later this week. I might be able to whip something up.
Skirlasvoud

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martlet wrote:
Hi,

And here... we... are
I thought about sorting out the lot at first, but it was too time consuming.

Arthur's Sims Collection.rar has MY ENTIRE COLLECTION.

Apparently I was wrong. This stuff wasn't from 2010, it was from 2006. I just moved it to my storage hard drive in 2010.
Again, the collection isn't perfect. It's just the stuff that *I* thought worth saving and I don't have any pay-for content since I was just a kid without a credit card back then. My tastes are drawn towards fantasy sim skins, kinky stuff and just well presented skins.

I've also added a few separate folders, showcasing the stuff that I think is the best I have. Things like Night Time and Blarney Stone. However, its just a showcase. It should all be in the RAR file too.
I swear to god you guys, if those showcase skins aren't salvaged and put on CTO, I'm coming back from the dead to sue Simblesse Oblige for warcrimes against the Sims 1 community.

Have fun!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zor9d69lkhx5y0q/AAAZDl3ubr1Ph1qMa3JZBTbVa?dl=0

This is probably the last you'll hear from me. With CTO continuing to be down, I'm gonna stop downloading to finally... *gulp* play the game. Browsing for more stuff at this point, is useless. I'm already at a loss to decide what I'm actually going to play with, which amounts to some 1% of my collection.
Abeternal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:thumbs Thanx! Like the fantasy skins!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: