Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

semi deco bed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Detached

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks1 I LOVE you! Will you marry me? best banana giveflower goodidea
deekitty31

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

N99
Saving The Sims

cedricdbold

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jump hug biggrin clap thumbsup

Wonderful bed/base!!! Can't wait to try it out!!
thanks2 goodidea
lilac_sim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thumbsup Raeven you are a star!!!I needed a base like this for a bed thats really just for show in a tour of harry potters parents house!!!
You are the best hon. hug

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsmaximatchers
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsthemesforsims1
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacshistoricalsims
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Raeven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all quite welcome :)

Liliac, this bed might not be the best base for a showcase room since Sims do still use it. A 2x3 statue would work better for that. (A statue wont let sims walk through it). If you can't find one let me know and I'll add some to SSoW. I've been meaning to add a variety of sizes to the page for a long time but as usual blush never pulled any graphics together for them so they did not get uploaded.

If you ever want to make a ridiculously large deco-only bed I have a 3x6 statue base at SSoW already LOL (I made that when someone requested a base for a vehicle).

lilac_sim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggrin will they still use it on a non residential lot?
I would love a 2 rotational statue base of a 3x3 if you have any as i need to make a memorial for my harry potter stuff and i am not that good at doing all 4 rotations yet! Although i'm getting better all the time! laugh

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsmaximatchers
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsthemesforsims1
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacshistoricalsims
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mdamlady

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've just seen this and am intrigued!! But I haven't really worked with A's or Z's except to fill a hole or 2!!

Can I import the A's and Z's from a particular Lovebed to your base?
Please don't laugh as I know y'all must have answered that question at least a hundred times!!

LoveBed files are enormous and very tedious, but now that I'm nearly half way thru is there a way to make this Lovebed in something deco or semi-Deco?

Help?

DAM Sim 1 Objects 2

DAM Sims 1 Objects 3

DAM Sims 1 Objects 4
AnemicAnomie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdamlady, I don't know if you're still interested in this, but I'm working on a semi-deco lovebed myself. It's not terribly difficult.

1. Make a copy of your bed, save it somewhere outside your game (it helps if you already have a set of folders for objects in progress), and open it in IffPencil.

2. Look at the DRGP resource. These are the files that tell the object which sprites to use for each part of the bed, depending on the situation. A lovebed will have ten (!) drawgroups for each of the six tiles in the object: one for the "made" state, one "sleeping," one "unready," two "ready," and five for the, erm, "love." We're going to overwrite all of these extra drawgroups with the ones for the "made" state and delete the extra sprites.

3. Right click on the "made" sprite for the top left section (in all likelihood, this is DRGP #1100, but it's possible that your object uses different numbers). Click "Duplicate" (keyboard shortcut Ctrl + U). In the dialog that pops up, change the number to the one for the top left "sleeping" drawgroup (probably DRGP #1101). You don't have to change the name, but I like to do it anyway because it helps me keep track of my progress. Click OK and IffPencil will ask if you want to overwrite the existing resource-- yes, you do. Keep duplicating that first drawgroup and overwrite all of the top left drawgroups.

4. Repeat Step 3 for the other five sections. Save frequently. It's a good idea to double click on each drawgroup after you've replaced it, to look at the sprites and make sure they really have changed-- if they haven't, just overwrite that drawgroup again.

5. Now to find out which sprites we really need, so we can get rid of the extra ones. Double-click on the first drawgroup. Click the "Properties" button. The Items area lists the sprites in this drawgroup, and the Sprite ID is the SPR2 resource number for the currently selected item. The "top" drawgroups probably contain pillows, and the top left might include a coinbox. Write down the Sprite IDs for all of the items in all of the drawgroups.

6. Open the SPR2 resource. Each SPR2 in this list contains the z-buffer, alpha and color bitmaps for all three zooms of one sprite. Some of these are for the main part of the bed, some are for pillows, and one is for the coin box. Highlight all of the SPR2's that are not on your list, and delete. Save and exit.

Test the object in your game. If a portion disappears while the object is in use, that means one of the drawgroups is looking for a sprite that no longer exists-- all you have to do is overwrite that drawgroup with the "made" one again. Easy! wink

Say, Raeven, would you mind sharing how you hacked the bed to clean itself after each use?
mdamlady

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got the Semi-deco bed that I was longing for after several attempts using Raeven's directions (I'm just a little thick - jfade's psycho )

Thanks for the help and the encouragement!!

DAM Sim 1 Objects 2

DAM Sims 1 Objects 3

DAM Sims 1 Objects 4
Raeven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnemicAnomie wrote:
Say, Raeven, would you mind sharing how you hacked the bed to clean itself after each use?

Hrm, I don't remember offhand. Lets take a look...

At a quick glance it looks like I modified BHAV 4106 ("Sleep") removing the coding that determins whether a sim is neat enough to make the bed and going straight to BHAV 4108 ("Make Bed")

and ....

... I modified the BHAV 4124 ("Make Bed core - double") to eleminate routing, sounds and animations. Only 9 lines of that BHAV are actually in use.

Raeven

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a mere 10 months later the 2 rotation version is available as well :)
http://www.woobsha.com/hackedbases-ssowbasics1.html

lilac_sim wrote:
I would love a 2 rotational statue base of a 3x3 if you have any

Omigosh I missed this post ENTIRELY somehow. Do you still want/need such a base?

Mod edit: For a continuation of the base topic see http://simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?t=6785

AnemicAnomie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raeven, you are a beautiful human being.
thanks1
Andrasta

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a great base, Raeven! thumbsup

Now I am trying to add another drawgroup for sleeping state again, but I got completely lost laugh

Added the graphics, the drawgroups, but don't understand how to tell the bed to use another drawgroup for sleeping. I guess you "untold" this in your base. I find the "set ready state" and "set made state", but not the "set sleep state" - in the original beds neither. So I do not understand where and how to tell the bed which drawgroup to use for sleeping. jfade's psycho

What else is puzzling to me that there are 24 drawgroups in your file named
100 to 103
200 to 203
300 to 303
1600 to 1601
1700 to 1701
1800 to 1801

but your sprites are

in the drawgroups there is the 1700 group, but in the graphic files not, but 1500...?

Raeven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coding for switching to another DRGP during the 4 states (made, sleeping, unmade, and ready) is all still intact so you do not need to change anything there.

All you need to do is identify the DRGP associated with the sleeping state (which should be the second DRGP) and replace it with new ones.

But I suspect you understand that part ok and it is actually the sprite ID assignments that are causing you problems.

This is because the bed is 2 rotations. If it were four rotations then the one sprite id would get plugged into all 12 DRGP frames (4 camera angles X 3 zooms = 12 frames). With 2 rotations objects there is a little bit of juggling that needs to be done.

In a 1 tile object it's easy to keep track of. You have one sprite ID number and just fiddle with the
Front view
Front view again but flipped
back view again but flipped
back view

With MULTI-TILED objects, however, you have a group of graphics that are acting as a larger whole. Look at the object using Tmog and highlight the bottom left corner. Then check it out in all 4 angles. You'll see that it needs to display 4 different graphics

The only way to achieve that using 2 rotation sprites is to use the front and back view of 2 different sprites, sometimes flipped, depending on which camera angle you are at. That particular tile uses sprite 1500 and 1300.

Technically you COULD give your new sprites id numbers that match DRGP numbers. The computer would be absolutely fine with it. But I would advise against it for 2 reasons
(1) Since you need to use 2 SPR2's in each drgp it's still not gonna match for half of the frames
(2) You'll need to put a bt of extra work into double checking that you have the correct graphic assigned in each frame.

If you copy the existing SPR2's and just increment their number by 1 then you'll know to simply increase the DRGP's Sprite id assignments by 1 as well.

I spent a LOT of years fussing over id numbers and being uber-pedantic about it all and in the end no one it never really mattered. People follow the graphics itself and never care much about the sprite's label or number. But I totally get the impulse to do it. If you do go that route you may find you prefer to renumber 3 of the DRGPs as well (from 1600, 1700, and 1800 down to 400, 500, and 600), but if you do, remember to edit the 3 OBJD for those tiles so they are not looking for the old numbers as their "starting graphic)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: