Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to not have jagged edges on a custom object?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Novice's Nook and Reference Materials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roninkin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: How to not have jagged edges on a custom object? Reply with quote

Hello! On my custom content I would love to know how to get rid of the jagged edged pixlation? Can't use the blend tool because it creates transparency it seems...Any Advice? I wanna soften my edges :).
Poetica

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming that you're letting T-mog create the A for you. Usually that works, but not always, especially if your P graphic contains stuff that you don't want.

You could manually create your A to hide those extra bits, but the easiest solution would be to clean up the P. It looks like you have little bits outside of the graphic that you want to show up that aren't that single shade of godawful yellow. That single color is the only color that T-mog will recognize as the background. Everything else, even if it looks the same to you, T-mog thinks is part of the graphics you want to show up.

What I usually do is open an exported P graphic, select that icky yellow color and set it to be my background color. Then I can open the P I want to work on, select any parts that I don't want to show up and delete any and all parts that aren't part of the graphic as I want it to look in the game. If you're working in a flattened image, whenever you delete parts of the graphic it should automatically fill in the background color. If it doesn't, you can use the paint tool to fill in the necessary yellow background.

TIPS: Make sure your selection tool is set to the lowest level of tolerance. You want it to ONLY select that specific ugly yellow of the background. Also, make sure that your paint tool is NOT set to use anti-alias as that will create a yellow halo around your graphic that you do not want.

I hope that makes sense and helps!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes
And when you are getting rid of everything you don't want remember that, on the P sprite, your edges of what you DO want must be very sharp/clean/harsh/jagged.

Quote:
TIPS: Make sure your selection tool is set to the lowest level of tolerance.

And turn Anti Alias off in that tool's settings

Here's one of Bunny Wuffle's lessons that show talk about "why anti-aliasing is NOT your friend" that might be useful
http://bwsost.woobsha.com/3thirdmog/3page1.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Novice's Nook and Reference Materials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: