Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

White bodies and/or heads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Novice's Nook and Reference Materials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LateBloomer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: White bodies and/or heads Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

as my user name indicates, I have joined the Sims 1 modding scene more than a decade late, so I'm having real trouble finding answers to my problems due to the predominance of Sims 2-4 on Google. (I've used the search function here but I'm not quite sure what to look for, so I'm making a new topic - sorry if this has been answered multiple times already, as I am assuming.)

First off: I'm running The Sims 1 Complete Collection on Windows 7. I am also using a huge download folder passed down to me from ... well, probably generations of enthusiastic Simmers. (And at least one of them was a HUGE fan of Christina Aguilera, given there are dozens of posters and wall tiles of her.) Now, of course the reasonable course of action to track down any buggy files would be to just move the download folder somewhere else and add all the floors and objects step by step. However, I'm not sure if my beloved neighborhoods would survive that process and how the game would react to missing objects. Also, maybe there's an easier way that you guys know of but I don't.

The problem at hand is that there are some random sims with either heads or bodies/clothes that are missing textures, i.e. that appear white or invisible. What I would like to do is track down and eliminate all the bugged skins (is that it? Skins? Or meshes??), be it by deleting (faster) or correcting (more tedious) them. (Because my usual method of befriending these bugged semi-NPCs, then killing them off with fire or water gets old pretty quickly.) As far as I have observed so far, only Magic Town has broken semi-NPCs (last name Strange). Townies are often ugly af but only Stranges are sometimes broken.

So far, I've downloaded a bunch of 3rd party programs from simwardrobe.com and tried SimMetamorphoser and SimWardrobe to find and possibly fix it. To my surprise, the one NPC I wanted to try it all on seems to be missing a HEAD skin, not a body skin, even though her head shows up fine and her body/dress is missing textures. Also, a Google search on her skin file name brought me to this forum in the first place because it seems to be an official Maxis one (c811falgt_frenchgirl). Which *could* mean I've got a broken/incomplete install. (Reinstalling doesn't really help though because the bugged heads/bodies are distributed randomly.)

Any ideas what I could do and how I could fix this? Deleting is probably not an option if they're Maxis files. I don't even know how to get to them.

(If you need screenshots of whatever, I could make some.)

Thanks in advance!
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to dig up a copy of SkinDoctor. I'm not even sure if I still have one...
purplewowies

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have one... but I'm pretty sure it's on my external drive, which is in a box... *sniffs around*
bluesage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo!
purplewowies

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...And Bluesage beat me to it--I was going to update to say I could send it to you (it's on CTO, but I was being cautious and assuming you didn't have a CTO account XP). smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Novice's Nook and Reference Materials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: