Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enable Children and Visitors to Cook Autonomously
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raeven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Tested your file as sent.
The results were similar but not quite what you described. In my game a visitor was able to use the fridge (that I visitor enabled) and retrieve food
-BUT-
The then turned and started to walk toward something to prep it on.
(Your sims might not have had a chance to take any steps)

This means he got past the code that scans for the next object ), finds the "best" one and tells the sim to use it. Said object must have (??) rejected the visitor kicking him back to an idling state.

The really weird thing is that he's not actually headed toward anything. The counter he appears to be headed toward has a cookbook on it.

EDIT: I was mistaken. My fridge WAS only visitor enabled for making group meals. Edited the text above to remove extra comments

food-xana_001.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  food-xana_001.jpg
 Filesize:  32.28 KB
 Downloaded:  38 Time(s)

Last edited by Raeven on Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raeven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XANA wrote:
Raeven wrote:

You want greeted visitors to behave like residents, so in th e second line (1) you would change the True return to emulate line 0's true return.

Sorry Raeven, I don't understand this word: What does emulate mean in this context?

mimic or copy

(having trouble posting!)

Specifically, make turn the true return to "3" just like the first line's true return.

---------------------

Further testing showed that this guess I made
"Said object must have (??) rejected the visitor kicking him back to an idling state. "
is incorrect. I added my own convert to prep surface in (which does not check person type at all) and got the same error at the same time. I am not sure why they get the chance to route away from the fridge.

XANA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raeven wrote:
OK Tested your file as sent.
The results were similar but not quite what you described. In my game a visitor was able to use the fridge (that I visitor enabled) and retrieve food
-BUT-
The then turned and started to walk toward something to prep it on.
(Your sims might not have had a chance to take any steps)

This means he got past the code that scans for the next object ), finds the "best" one and tells the sim to use it. Said object must have (??) rejected the visitor kicking him back to an idling state.

The really weird thing is that he's not actually headed toward anything. The counter he appears to be headed toward has a cookbook on it.

EDIT: I was mistaken. My fridge WAS only visitor enabled for making group meals. Edited the text above to remove extra comments

Hi Raeven,

I changed the line #1 in BHAV 4104 of Food.iff as you directed. Of course, it did not lead to anything different - another Tree Break directed at line #5 in 'do new adult idle' within PersonGlobals.

There could be other lines in BHAV 4104 that need to be changed (or within Food.iff or even somewhere else like the food processor etc.), but I don't want to be too permissive if I can help it - I only want to make the smallest changes I can so that I would actually know what happened.

You are correct that my sims apparently don't seem to get any chance to walk away from the fridge with the food towards any food processor.
My sims in this test household are using the C&C Good Morning Food Processor Chrome. I believe it is hacked to enable children using it, but don't know if the same is true for visitors.

The visitor is immediately reset (when debug_objects aren't enabled of course). It is weird that yours get slightly closer to the next step. Mine don't even try to follow the next step in the system (using the C&C food processor), while yours seemed to go to a non-food processor object.
Raeven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so weird. We have different things going on on our lots. After watching for another hour (or whatever it has been) it seems likely that my guy moved away from the fridge because someone else put a "move" action in his queue (perhaps trying to get to the fridge himself?) and so his idling error didn't come until after he did that action. I also had a couple of sims interact with each other using puppets while one held the plate and her error came after the interaction was finished.

The food should be pushing an action onto the sim's queue, telling it to go use a prep object. I don't know why it isn't able to.

Raeven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The check tree for the pushed interaction wasn't modified and is blocing non residents from performing that action.

Change BHAV 4171 so the first line's True is the same as it's false (3,3 instead of 1,3)

XANA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raeven wrote:
The check tree for the pushed interaction wasn't modified and is blocing non residents from performing that action.

Change BHAV 4171 so the first line's True is the same as it's false (3,3 instead of 1,3)

Hi Raeven,

Voila! Thanks ever so much. :)

I changed BHAV 4171's line #0 to call (1, 1), and that did it! No reset and no tree break message. It originally was (2, 1).

Thanks for sticking with me throughout the whole thing. I really appreciate this!
francot514

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visitor empowered object could aslo help with this..
XANA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the C&C Enterprises fridge (and the derviatives of it) are already visitor-enabled.

If they are not, well, I edited them myself to enable it (using Menu Editor).

The big problem was that the main food file (Food.iff) was not visitor-enabled. The food selection menus (like 'Eat' and 'Clean Up') were already, but the actual interactions and checks for creating a cooked meal were not enabled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: