Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sims 1 wealfare mod?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe_Winko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Sims 1 wealfare mod? Reply with quote

i wanted to make or see if there was a mod for the sims 1 that automatically deposits money to the family's funds. like an object or something that can add 780$ to the family funds every 5 days. is there a mod like that?

and if there isn't how can i make one?

please help <3 :)
tq03q9i

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,you need understand bhav firstly,maybe check out my tipjar or more samples can help little,work hard thumbsup
Joe_Winko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tq03q9i wrote:
Hi,you need understand bhav firstly,maybe check out my tipjar or more samples can help little,work hard thumbsup

bhav. i remember working with that in the sims 2 for custom animations. but i never knew how to work with it in the sims 1. i never tried it before. is there any material i can read about that with?

and do u have a link to your tip jar? is that a download/mod you created?

what i was imagining creating was a welfare check object to put on the lot which gives you $1000 dollars ever 5 days or what ever amount/time length i set it to. but it doesnt have to be that specific.
tq03q9i

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?t=10747
and here is my friend Raeven's homepage with many tutorials
http://www.woobsha.com/index-ww.html
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people just do rosebud as needed, I think...
Raeven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zosa's hit upon the same idea
http://www.simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?p=104022#104022

and rather than respond in multiple threads I'm going to just respond in this one.

This idea is a very good example of The First Difficulty in hacking.
It can be done in a super basic way or an extremely nuanced way and there are many levels in between. That makes answering "how do I..." very difficult because it depends heavily on what YOU want.

For many of us Rosebud's a perfectly fine way to handle that problem so there isn't any way for us to know which nuances are most appealing to you.

You'll need to work out the design and then ask about specific tasks.

One option that both of you mentioned (but I suspect is not *quite* what you want ... but may settle for (which is always a bit of a shame)) is an object that simply appears by the mailbox.

Yes, that is possible. My interpretation of what you've described is an object that you purchase from buymode and place next to the mailbox. Probably using the bills graphics. It's sprite visibility is on a timer. So every Nth day it appears out of the blue. When your sim "harvests" the check the sprites turn invisible again and the timer resets.

You will want it to allow Sims to intersect without allowing objects on top of it (init BHAV)
Code:
My flags Set Flag allow person intersection

You will need to know how many ticks it should sleep for the 5 (or whatever days). I think Peter mentions how many ticks are in a sim day in a post somewhere in here.
(Woobsha.com has basic "checking the time" timer stuff but that doesn't apply to checking how many days have passed.)

You need to know how to make objects invisible/visible while the game is running (which you might want to do with that bed of yours zosa instead of blanking out the sprites)
Code:
My hidden Assign To: 0 (invisible)
My hidden Assign To: 1 (visible)

and so on. All of the bits get strung together and boom! you have your hacked object

zosa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just realized i posted my reply to the wrong thread XD so yer;

ok, so while i was cooking i got to thinking that possibly there could be, instead of an auto-payment that maybe a phone or plug-in could be made but then i thought you'd have to use it in conjunction with a date-keeping item and there is soooo much that can go wrong with that, then i thought maybe, much like in my own game where i have a special old-town lot for grocery-buying you could have an item that sits on an away lot that your sim could interact with(like an atm or a cashier's booth) that would let you 'withdraw' a check but that too seemed cumbersome then i hit on an idea that would allow you to do it from home, what if, and correct me if i am being silly you could have an invisible item(or item that looks like a mailbox) that sits on or next to the normal mailbox. this way you can have your sim family go out on 'check day' and pick up mail that pays out the allotted amount?

i know it is technically doable, we have intersectable chairs and we have a slew of items that can give sims a predetermined amount of money on demand. granted it would be up to the player to make the sim interact with it(if it was autonomous they may over-withdraw) but it would certainly imitate what the ideal goal without inadvertently putting /all/ of the sims on it XD

-raeven

so the item would behave like a plant only instead of getting an item token added to their personal inventory it puts cash into the family funds?

it sounds good but would this piggyback off of a garden plant or simply share the same type of grant function?

Raeven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies. Using "harvest" wasn't meant to obfuscate; Opposite, actually. The word came to my mind because I was recognizing some similarities (plants have different states. When they reach a certain state Sims can interact with them. When they've done this a counter resets.) The same description applies to many things, though. Bills and fish tanks also spring readily to mind.

So

Yes, that function is similar but no, a plant would not be a good base. It has way too much going on and none of the rest of it is desirable for this check.

Most of the functions you want to bring together are all over the place (as opposed to neatly tucked away in an existing object). Starting with a premade base means having a lot of extra stuff you don't want to use. Personally I'd grab a 1 tile rug are virtually empty, but already have an interaction menu (for their silly "Go Here" ) and add everything else in from there. Tracking everything else down will probably be a bit of a chore (always is when making something unique)

zosa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weeeeeell, what about the simsky magic pocket? it does not have a timer but it has the right sort of menu?

http://simsky.parsimonious.org/ensimsky.php

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: