Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can the default family funds be changed?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XANA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw all those extra cheats in the EXE.

None of them work at all, as far as the ones I've tried (including 'money [amt]' which is supposed to set the family's funds to the specific value, but does nothing).

I even tried in debug_objects & debug_houses modes and it did not change those cheats. Yeah, I think they are just leftover debug references from when the original game was being made (my guess). I certainly never found any way to enable their use.

I examined the FAM files all over in my families and I could not find any values referencing my family funds (as I know what money amount to look for, but not how it is referenced in the code).

I think the tools we have just aren't programmed to reveal these values for editing. I do believe that the game must have somewhere to store these values, though.
francot514

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that FAM files are also iff files, you will need to look that info info FAMI chunk or some similar, that is where all important statisticis are stored.
zosa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so while i was cooking i got to thinking that possibly there could be, instead of an auto-payment that maybe a phone or plug-in could be made but then i thought you'd have to use it in conjunction with a date-keeping item and there is soooo much that can go wrong with that, then i thought maybe, much like in my own game where i have a special old-town lot for grocery-buying you could have an item that sits on an away lot that your sim could interact with(like an atm or a cashier's booth) that would let you 'withdraw' a check but that too seemed cumbersome then i hit on an idea that would allow you to do it from home, what if, and correct me if i am being silly you could have an invisible item(or item that looks like a mailbox) that sits on or next to the normal mailbox. this way you can have your sim family go out on 'check day' and pick up mail that pays out the allotted amount?

i know it is technically doable, we have intersectable chairs and we have a slew of items that can give sims a predetermined amount of money on demand. granted it would be up to the player to make the sim interact with it(if it was autonomous they may over-withdraw) but it would certainly imitate what the ideal goal without inadvertently putting /all/ of the sims on it XD

Raeven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and Joe_Winko are trying to design the same thing now
http://www.simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?t=10851

I'll respond in that thread since I've been sitting on a response (mostly because it wouldn't be viewed as all that helpful) for some time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: