Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can i check if an item needs an expansion??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CitizenNocturne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: Can i check if an item needs an expansion?? Reply with quote

Sadly i only have the base game at the mo'
But there are so many lovely items out there that don't specifically state if an exp is needed.
is there any way for me to check besides putting it in my game and seeing if it disappears? unsure

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, or if its in the wrong forum. blush
thank you for any and all suggestions!
Raeven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not conclusively, no.
Some people swear by a couple of 3rd party programs from Simwardobe.com ... SimCat might have been one f them ... but that is only because they don't understand how the programs work. If the program sees any EP checks it assumes that EP is required. But sometimes an object is running an EP check so it can disable features that you can't use, allowing the object to work in both EP and NoEP games.

The only way to know for sure is to try it in your game or open the iff file outside of your game and look for yourself. The former is probably faster, especially if you are checking several objects.

Most objects that are being made now (and for the past few years) expect you to have all expansion packs. This is why people don't bother tracking down which EPs are needed for each item. In other words it is probably safe to assume an EP is required unless otherwise stated.

CitizenNocturne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh OK sad

Thank you very much smile
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean in general curtains tend to need HD or later. I still code my objects with EP checks to enable, disable and use alternate methods if I know something won't work in a specific game setup... that said even things that don't ask for specific EPs usually want hot date or later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: