Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'fun' trashcan and 'fun' diswasher

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zosa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: 'fun' trashcan and 'fun' diswasher Reply with quote

is there someone out there who can either make or help me find a trashcan that npcs would WANT to use? i have all sorts of trashcans both bottomless and not as well as dishwashers of every color and pricerange but the npcs seem reluctant to use them unless there is a whole bunch of trash/dishes laying around when i am on vacation(the issue is not there at home, or downtown and is not super bad in old town)
Raeven

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not noticed that problem myself but if you want to modify the ones you already own then making objects such as these more attractive is a matter of raising the function points. (in BHAVS/BCONs)

You might also need to adjust attenuation in TTAB, but I never got a good handle on whether that should be lower or higher in IffPencil

zosa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it could be that i use a lot of customized objects though? custom foods, custom lots, custom items, all of that XD

i could give it a try next time i am playing though. just worry that i will doink things up. i cannot just reinstall my game XD even if i had all the custom animations in zips i dont have a cd drive any longer

Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should not be an issue. Non hackers just clone things so they should rank the same as Maxis items.

And Hackers used to typically throw super huge numbers in (which is why those items become "addictive") instead of caring about balancing hings out with the game so you'd find their items would be MORE used, not less.
Unless they guffed it up for NPCs (which some people did by accident). In those cases only their objects would be ignored and a maxis item would not.

Your problem may be with the NPCs rather than the disposal units.
I think I remember vacation NPCs having a lot of issues. Perhaps toss a few custom NPCs on the lot and see if they are more active?

DamonDamore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen NPCs not want to use the Maxis ones, preferring the outdoor trashcan and sinks to indoor cans and dishwashers. This is particularly annoying on non-residential lots where you give the NPCs a perfectly good dishwasher and they keep using the bathroom sinks.
zosa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if something is too attractive i will modify it to be less so or otherwise render it unusable XD but agree on having seen some maxis nps avoid maxis items for no apparent reason
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing the sims 1 recently and I realized something... sims will do the same thing. Sims always seem to almost always prefer skinks to dishwashers, particularly if the sink has a higher rating than the dishwasher.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: