Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My collection... please put it to good use

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skirlasvoud

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: My collection... please put it to good use Reply with quote

I'm done. I've sated my thirst for downloading and I'm going to just play the game. Too bad CTO is still down, but that can't be helped. I'm starting a new life in a week, moving to a new country and that's probably going to heavily cut down on my gaming time. I'll be lucky enough if I still have time to play the Sims 1. Downloading stuff for it is going to seem frivolous and I'll never do it again.

HOWEVER... The lion share of the the cache of downloads that I already have is mostly from 2006. In terms of the Sims 1 community and seeing how many of these sites have vanished, I think that's like breaking into tutanchamun's tomb for the first time.

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zor9d69lkhx5y0q/AAAZDl3ubr1Ph1qMa3JZBTbVa?dl=0

The RAR has ALL my files. The separate folders are a showcase of what I think is the best I have.

I'm not sure how valuable it is... but if someone is up for it, they're free to excavate away. As I understand it, CTO is like a museum for Sims 1 stuff. I think I gave them some Blarney Stone stuff a few years back too. The moment that site goes back up, see if any of my stuff is useful to them.

I'll be around for a few more days, but then I'm out. Hope my collection helps someone.

EDIT:

I've archived it as best I could, putting up pictures, separate folders and leaving notes in .txt files. However, some sites were precious about me trying to right click and catalogue, so not all are clearly sorted with pictures.
Some of my notes are also of a personal nature, leaving little jests, or using hyperbole. I think "Night time heaven" was simply NighttimeSims.no, but I liked the skins so well that I added the heaven part. Check the zip files for names and the likes.

The collection isn't perfect. It's just the stuff that *I* thought worth saving and I don't have any pay-for content since I was just a kid without a credit card back then. My tastes are drawn towards fantasy sim skins, kinky stuff and just well presented skins.

I've also added a few separate folders, showcasing the stuff that I think is the best I have. Things like Night Time and Blarney Stone. However, its just a showcase. It should all be in the RAR file too.
I swear to god you guys, if those showcase skins aren't salvaged and put on CTO, I'm coming back from the dead to sue Simblesse Oblige for warcrimes against the Sims 1 community.
bluesage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks !! biggrin
Skirlasvoud

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem.

One last thing:

Right now, the directory called "boudicca's landscapes" is a bit understated. It has a folder called "Hillsides and Basements". I really like the trick it gives people.

It is very neat. It effectively gives you a set of stairs that look like grassy/sandy/snowy hillsides, together with matching floor tiles and walls.

If you start with a flat bit of land, put up some walls and surround them with Jenny/Boudicca's stairs, then cover up the walls and put some matching floor tiles that look like grass over on top, it will appear like you have created a hill. Put a house on top of that and you'll have a single floor house on a hill that has a basement.

I've created hobbit houses and underground dungeons using that trick.
francot514

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pictures for this collection please..
Sita

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful! Thank you very much!

All good thoughts and wishes for your new life.

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
spyboots

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much!
forestbalrog

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Very excited about the Similarion files biggrin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: