Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Measuring Sim Height (Simple Request)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximum411

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Measuring Sim Height (Simple Request) Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a mesh/prop request that I think should be relatively simple. I want to use this mesh to determine the height of a Sim within the game. What I need for that is a mesh of a Sim with a floor tile-sized square attached to the feet. Because floor tiles in the Sims are 3 feet on each side, this should let me figure out exactly how tall a Sim is in-game.

Is there anyone who could help me with this? I can explain further if you want. I tried doing it myself but was having a bit of trouble.

Thanks,

Max

DamonDamore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the adult sims are about six feet tall but looking at a screenshot I have...

Adult sims take up just under two and a half files when laying down. So that's 90 inches or seven and a half feet.

However I think the floor tiles are closer to two and a half feet (thirty inches) which makes sims 75 inches or six feet, three inches tall.

Not sure if this replaces the need for the mesh, but thereyago.

maximum411

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Damon- I had never thought about looking at them lying down. I am curious how you got 2 and a half tiles though? A Sim can fit fully stretched out on the massage table, which is only 2 tiles long.
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the beds.
maximum411

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone who is interested, I analyzed the Sims' height using the scuba flippers, which lay flat along the floor, and compared those to the Sims' height. I know the tiles are exactly 3 feet on each side because a 1-tile room is listed as 9 square feet in the home information. Using these figures, I found that a Sim is actually 5'6"-5'7", and dogs are 10" tall at the withers. Just a fun fact in case you ever wanted to know!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: