Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Sims 1 car that allowed driver to leave this cruel world

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sita

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: A Sims 1 car that allowed driver to leave this cruel world Reply with quote

Way back in the dawn of time, my SiL had a wonderful download, a car that allowed the driver to "leave this cruel world". Does anyone recognise the idea? I can't look on CTO currently but have in the past. I've no idea where he got it from - but I KNOW he didn't make it. It was a normal-looking sort of car, nothing very flashy, with various options.

My Sims 1 reinstall fingers are itching, and I would love to find this. I'd make a Sim of SiL and put him in it...

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
yuripuda

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have those. I think those are from Pandora Sims. Need to load up my game to check..
Sita

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, I no longer can play Sims 1. It will install on my (Windows 7 64 bit) machine, but when installed it will not play, or if it will play it won't save. Which kind of defeats the point. thumbsdown

Thank you for your response though!

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
zosa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you done some troubleshooting? sims runs on my win7 so i know it is possible XD
Sita

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, tried everything.

Just one of those d*** things.

Thanks anyhoo. (runs away to cry in a corner.)

zosa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang, sorry ^^; i was really hoping you hadn't and i could just suggest service pack 2 compatibility or asking what dlls you have installed. good luck though in finding out what the issue is
Sita

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know :( I tried all that, tried changing the UAC and running as administrator. I have scoured the forums but found many helpful comments but nothing that actually works on my setup.

Shrugs. I play Sims 3 now. But I still miss the old gang, my wonderful Sims friends and co-conspirators. CTO's still down too, and that's very sad as well. I guess it's part of getting older.

I do have an older machine that just maybe could be set as a Windows (whatever) and install Sims 1 on that. But that takes energy I don't have right now. It's the only possible answer I can see.

kristine727

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use no-Cd hack and then use administrator. It works on Windows 10.
Sita

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't want Windows 10 :) but thanks for the suggestion.

I've actually got it working now, by rejigging an old machine to run on Windows XP! jump celebrate so am happy.

I'll have a look for that car.

I cannot see it on Pandora Sims. At least not on the "free" Sims 1 objects. Oh well, back to searching.

whistle

Leon007

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sita, Are you still looking for the car?
I think i have something for ya.

according you said driver to "leave this cruel world", i think the car is from KILLERSIMS, a site with lots of free TS1 objects. (Don't know why nearly all of them are recolored no-use objects.)

go to here
http://s183111427.onlinehome.us/killersims/download_cars_sedans.htm
search LINCOLN KILLERSIMS
click BUY to download

hope it is what you want.
Sita

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I'll go have a look. Their site is very hard to navigate.

later: none of these SAYS anything about this; do I have to put them all in my game (and risk breaking it) or is there a specific car that does? (Most of the cars on this page are Lincolns...)

Leon007

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are two cars match the search result.
Just download them.
their only difference is color.
Sita

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - when I can get game to work again (think it is a skins issue) I'll try them out. rolleyes Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Sims Sleuths All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: