Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why do the dining podiums only spawn a single busboy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XANA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Why do the dining podiums only spawn a single busboy? Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to determine why the dining podiums (used to make Downtown restaurants mainly) only spawn a single busboy when the following is the case:

A) You have multiple podiums on the same Downtown lot, thus spawning the same number of chefs, waiters (and maitre d's if the expensive podium is used).

B) As far as I can determine, the code that spawns busboys is basically the same function-wise as the code that spawns waiters and chefs, merely changing GUIDs for spawning and checking purposes.

In a large restaurant, single busboys take quite a long time to get things done, especially since they (for some other odd reason) have to walk into the kitchen in order to be notified of extra plates that need to be cleaned.

(I might need to check that behavior which is part of the DTController to see if the number of trips can be reduced or eliminated.)

It would help if multiple podiums work like I expected/thought and created multiple busboys just as they do with other service NPCs.

I could use custom busboys created by something other than a podium, but this is the hacking forum and I would like to understand this oddity (of only having one busboy for the entire restaurant) rather than simply work around it. smile

Thus, the question posed by this thread title! biggrin

I would appreciate any help you can provide me on this strange behavior, and thanks in advance for any responses!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: