Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any pizza dough slingers around here?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
patos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Any pizza dough slingers around here? Reply with quote

Looking for a quick pizza dough recipe so I can make veggie pizza in house.

Dominoes delivers here but it costs like 18 bucks and only has a few scraggly veggies on it and not much sauce. But so far it is the best in town.

So I decided to start making my own. A friend mentioned a 10 minute pizza crust recipe but left town before I could get it!

LunaDove

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've no idea how to make pizza dough.. but this is what I do when I am in a mood to make quick small pizzas for the family.

I buy a few packs of Thomas' English Muffins (since these are about the same as a pizza crust), place them all in a cookie sheet (or you can just use aluminum foil) and top with sauce and whatever we'd like to have on our personal pizzas. Tastes just like pizzas.. only smaller ones.

Fun part is it's less of a mess in the kitchen.
katie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coat the inside of a large mixing bowl with olive oil, combine 2 and a half cups of all purpose flour, a packet of dry yeast and a teaspoon and a half of salt.

Gradually mix in a cup of warm water until it looks like pizza dough. You may not use all the water. (In fact, you probably won't, so be sure to add slowly.) I always end up doing this with my hands because it's a very thick dough. A big wooden spoon will work, but then you have a messy big wooden spoon. Let the dough rest at least 15 minutes (which is cool because that's the amount of time you need to chop veggies and make a pizza sauce).

That's enough for two medium sized pizzas (you can't really do less because of the yeast). You can divide it in half and put the rest in the fridge. (It may continue to expand, though, so put it in something that'll allow for that.)

That's a very very basic recipe that also makes for very nice bread sticks as well. Some people add cornmeal or other spices (garlic powder, etc), but this is what I use.
patos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy and thanks.

I will be trying this out as soon as I am unpacked and over jet lag from traveling to another time zone and back!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Cuisine All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: