Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just a link for help with Anim8or

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Novice's Nook and Reference Materials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simnut1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Just a link for help with Anim8or Reply with quote

Here's a place with some great Anim8or tutorials that really helped me out... I still use them too! jfade's psycho
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/w.watson3/main/beginner.html
mtaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, simnut1. I'm afraid we'll lose Jota's tutorials at Coconut Hut when it closes.
jotapomba

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries mtaman my tutorials are also hosted here
http://mmbenito.com.sapo.pt/
biggrin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

celebrate best
Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another really cool tutorial site is
http://www.mp3d.info/Anim8ortutorials/page1.html

The tutorials are offered as movies with audio so you work along with him which is neat. He shows a lot of tools. Very cool. I have not looked at the intermediate yet. I recommend checking them all out . I almost skipped the "text" one figuring I'd not want to bother with text and then decided I might use dingbats so checked it out and it turned out to teach a very interesting technique that's not specific to text.

simnut1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notworthy I'm glad we'll still be able to get to your tutorials Jota! Thanks! hug Cuz I still go back and have to look at them too! I have the hardest time getting things to bend the way I want, for like drapes. It drives me jfade's psycho I'm not very good with the pillows either. Tried to make one today, I hated it! So see, I need to go back and reread how to make them again! (my brain is full of holes and I can't keep anything there for long wink ) Thanks for the link! hug
Raeven

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your problem bending involves the bend modifier Aponee's got a tutorial using it in which she redirects the arms of come clothing so it hangs down instead of sticking out.

(tutorial) http://aponeesimz.com/zaniarmtut.html
(Tips & Techniques thread) http://aponeesimz.com/my_house/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=824

Jota's tutorials were crucial for me dabbling in 3D modeling at all. It was so new to me that the ones on the Anim8or site were a bit frightening. They are fabulous and show great things but when ALL of it's new I really need someone to take it in baby steps and totally hold my hand. My mnd becomes scattered otherwise with all of he internal fusing about what I DON'T know (darn those old deep seated insecurities, anyway! laugh )

Jota's tutorial focuses on little things so before you have the chance to feel like you'll NEVER get it ...you've already done it and ahve a vase staring back at you. It's brilliant! Then suddenly you have several in different pretty colors and then, before you know it, you can apply a ring of one texture around the neck of a vase that's made of another material and you've made your own object, custom look and all.

Armed with that newly bolstered (ha pillow puns not intended) confidence the Anim8or tutorial is not so scary. Jota's tutorials bridge the gap between surprise and question

Raeven

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally, I just recently simmified my very first model. It's one I made myself. I'm on my third time simmifying it though since once it was in the game I decided there were bits of it that needed changing

It's a crib and the bars on the sides were very thin - looked like matchstick blinds! Took two tries to learn that just because I think of them as "very thin bars" does not mean that I should try to get them as thin as possible in Anim8or. Once that looked right in the game it could have been packaged and uploaded but I decided to soften the bottom edge a bit by adding trim. And I declared it finished (again) I will probably want to do something about the mattress and bedding next LOL but I dunno if I'll have the courage :) I might wuss out. After all, rumbling fabrics on your 'first' model seems like jumping ahead a bit. or I may just be being wussy and will get over it after I have already simmified this version. (My true "first" model was a simple platter that I made copies of and pushed and pulled at to also make bowls and a bathtub like shape LOL.)

I mentioned needing to learn in baby steps but I also work in baby steps. I know it's impractical to keep doing sprites up for each change but the next change does not occur to me until I am looking at the thing in game. - a few multi-tiled four rotation objects will cure me of that, I'm sure!

Thanks Jota, giveflower *hug*

mtaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks great, Raeven. thumbsup No worrying about junior getting his head stuck there. laugh The heart cutout is a nice touch too. wub
Aaron_of_Mpls

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed -- looks great so far!
simnut1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jota's tutorial focuses on little things so before you have the chance to feel like you'll NEVER get it ...you've already done it and ahve a vase staring back at you.

I sooo agree with you! Last year when I was looking into every tutorial I could find on Anim8or I got lost trying all of them but Jota's! Her's was the first one that was wrote so that I with no know-how could do each step, and I too made my 1st vase!
Without her tutorial and the help she gave me after, I still wouldn't be making items!
Hey, Jota! hug and thanks2 again for the help you have given me over the last year!

I would tell all newbeis to start there then move on to the other link. For them you have to have some-kind-of understaing of what your doing.

Your crib turn out really nice! It's sooo cute! Don't feel bad that you are changing the shape of something to make a new item. If you get what your after that's all that matters! I made things out of boxes for months, it worked and I'm not trying to sell the 3D item. I just wanted it to look good in the game.
???What's a "baby step"??? I think the 3rd thing I made was a double bed! oops That almost stop me from making anything else! censored After that I did a 2 rot chair! whistle that was easier and kept me going. I'm always jumping in with both feet! dunce You'll think I'd learn! floorlaugh
lilac_sim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hug Thanks for all these links i have really been meaning to try anim8tor! and i have look and though hmmm i need a wnole day to sit there! laugh i will definatly try jotas! thanks all! hug hug

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsmaximatchers
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsthemesforsims1
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacshistoricalsims
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Novice's Nook and Reference Materials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: