Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Springfield!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hjaxon1701

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Springfield!! Reply with quote

I spent Wednesday and Thursday in Springfield - my youth orchestra got to perform in the Capitol Rotunda. I thought I'd share a picture with you that one of the parents took from two floors above looking down on us as we played. I circled myself in red for you laugh
-Matthew Arnold-
TheIms3
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How neat is that! Congratulations--that's a real privilege. thumbsup

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away, Behold, the new has come."
2 Corinthians 5:17
anoush

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an honor for you! I bet the music sounded beautiful with the acoustics there. I couldn't tell which instrument you were playing, if I may ask which is it? Again congratulations to you. thumbsup
Hugs
Anoush

hjaxon1701

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the congrats! It was amazing to play there - it is almost impossible to describe the emotions that I felt and how everyone around me felt.

Aaron Copeland's "Fanfare for the Common Man" sounded amazing with the vaulted ceiling Anoush - the sound just lifted to the very top and resonated. I adore that piece, even though it was only for brass and percussion - it makes you want to be a trumpet player. Then we did Copeland's "Lincoln Portrait", the narrator's voice just soared as he said, "Fellow citizens - we cannot escape history..." I had a surge of patriotism that day. The acoustics were a little different than what we're used to, and it was a bit harder to play there because of the sound escaping, but it sure sounded good!

Anoush - of course you may ask what I play! I play viola, and I have played for about eleven years now. It is one of my greatest joys and one of my great passions in life. I was reading Laura Ingalls Wilder's novels when I was 8, which was when you could start string instruments through school, and I wanted to be like Pa Ingalls, playing his fiddle for his girls. My mom was thrilled - she is very musical, singing in choirs and such and worked hard to cultivate a love of music in me. Instead of violin, both she and the church music director suggested viola instead - there are far less violas in the world than violins or cellos, so there is always a need for them. It is a choice I haven't regretted - I love the lower tones of the viola. I just bought my first viola last year after years of renting. She's a beautiful dark wood instrument, and her name is Jeannette Isabella, like the Christmas carol. Yes, we name our instruments rolleyes laugh

-Matthew Arnold-
patos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. What a neat photo and experience of a lifetime for you!

Congrats! thumbsup

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a wonderful way to store a priceless memory! thumbsup
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Scrapbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: