Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

600 new heads.........
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Theme Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit that quality is temporarily completely on hold. I'm bashing out renamed bmps on an assembly line basis, since I have to get enough to stock the game before I can load it. I still have some renaming to do for FA, but the folders of bmps to be labelled for each of the 34 meshes I've decided to use for now are ready. The SimPose part of a complete set of medieval FA and FC is done for now.

I'm now encouraged to move on to making all the theme appropriate man and boy heads to replace the Maxis bmps I've now stripped from my game. smile

In the meantime, I can't even open the game on this computer - which is good, because I've now got all the medieval FA and FC heads done. I find it very relaxing to have a job with a finite end in view, even if that job is to create several hundred heads for a theme game. I've been forced to stop fussing around, since I can't game test anyway, until I've got enough heads back in the game.

So the population of the hoods will be the actual first test of these heads.

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Hah! I found 3 Maxis fc meshes, 1 Maxis mc mesh, and 2 custom content meshes which seem medieval boyish to me.

I've got bmps sorted out to rename to these meshes - once I've decided what to use for mesh identifiers for the Maxis fc meshes. laugh

So now only the MA heads to slog through.

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A combination of busy, sick and the whole scope of the MA heads was more than I've been able to face. But I finished a massive RL project today, and am feeling slightly better.

I was trying to think of something fun to do, and suddenly thought that all the Simarillion head meshes for men would be the best place to start, as well as the most fun.

So at least I'm under way. smile

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm close enough to want to start t4sting a whole bunch of heads, so that means building a new theme folder from scratch, since it's way too easy to make a huge mess otherwise.

I've spent the better part of a day unzipping medieval skins I've downloaded, including all the MAKT skins you made for us. I've got a chart I use to check off when I put at least one skin of each needed age, body type, sex and skintone into a new Skins folder to be used when all the Maxis skins have been removed.

I've done a little creative renaming of skins to buyable versions, so I'm pretty close. Once I add the skins from Tig, and a few H fashion skins of my own, I should have a basic body set.

It would all be a lot easier if I didn't have blurry vision as a side effect of medication, angry Time to rest my eyes. sleep

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been able to run the game with the new Skins folders that I've made in place, and all Maxis bodies and heads (except for a few I missed) removed.

I don't know whether I have the world's most stable installation, or whether I'm just very careful, but even with all the stuff I've done to my game, it has only crashed during testing to see if what I was doing could make it crash - back when I was experimenting with what changes to Skins or SkinsBuy folders would actually crash the game.

Almost all the heads in my game now are the hundreds I've been making for a medieval theme. (For insurance I put at least one downloaded head of every required type in.)

Some of the bmp's have been put on 5 or more meshes, so that I could see how they looked in the game.

As I said earlier, this was such a massive undertaking that I stopped worrying about quality control, other than taking a quick look at mesh/bmp combos in SimPose.

So permit me a small gloat. So far, of the heads I'm testing in the game, there are only a very small number that I don't find at least satisfactory. biggrin And luckily, I planned for weeding poor heads by keeping the part of the bmp names after the underscore the same. So where I've noted an unsatisfactory head, I can quickly check to see if the same bmp is used on other meshes, and whether it looks good or bad on those meshes.

I'm particularly in love with all my medieval guys. Of course, that's only to be expected. It's hard to produce bad skins using meshes from Simarillion and from the Fionn 900 series.

mtaman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! welldone

Does this mean we can look forward to a large uploading at SimBrujaja in the near future? whistle
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtaman wrote:

Does this mean we can look forward to a large uploading at SimBrujaja in the near future? whistle

I don't know how near that future will be laugh

But yes, as I find at least one good head bmp in every skintone for a mesh, I'll start renaming and packing them up for SimBrujaja.

However, some of the effects I like best are the result of experiments in Paint Shop Pro, and a lot of those experiments were done on just one skintone, since I was pushing to get to the point where I had enough heads to load the game. So those heads will take more time to get ready, because of all the additional graphics work required.

The medieval male heads will be the ones I'm working to get ready first, since I had so much fun with those wonderful meshes. It's a great pity that I'm not allowed to redistribute the Fionn 900 meshes from the 8th Deadly Sins. I really don't like offering skins without the required meshes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Theme Players All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: