Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

List the themes in your game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Theme Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sita

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am still building. But so far:

Fifties and Harry Potter. I know - but it seems to work for me :)) many Sims in the Superstar career in this Hood too. There appear to be a few Mermaid skins in there too. Not sure how playable they will be yet. This is my most played and most mature Hood since my computer was completely rebuilt in spring.

Mediaeval and LOTR, with farming (Simslice's animals, Persimmon Grove and Hooty Holler crops - and that wheat...) I think I am too OCD to make this work well, I keep wanting them to be historically accurate. But I love the clothes - she says helplessly. And I like castles too :))

And I am just starting on an Asian Hood. I have all that wonderful BNJxLVR stuff and from the summer contest thing. I LOVE the Japanese look, and kimonos etc. So I will have at least one geisha house, some martial arts people, a university, and more. (I like the clothes from the anime sites but I prefer "simmy" faces.)

I want to do something with all the wonderful fantasy skins - devils/demons in particular. But every time I have started a story Hood with these in, my puter has died. So maybe they are bad luck for me :(

That's as well as playing five Sims 2 Hoods of course :))

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Loopy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Where did you get some of your skins? Reply with quote

shalenn wrote:
Hellboy sounds neat,I've even seen some animated movies with him in them.Also,the demons and such sound cool,maybe my second neighborhood could be Gothic/Demons type thing? Please,share your sources! Thanks and happy simming to all! Cindy biggrin

Sorry, I didn't see this until now! blush I got many of my skins, including Hellboy, from Monster Party Sims. I'd really love to find a skin of Abe, but no such luck yet.
FKM100

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 14 neighbourhoods, themed mainly by historical era. All of them are works in progress, because I have sudden and sometimes short-lived enthusiasms:-

1. Contemporary - this is my main neighbourhood, where "my" family live. I put the most effort into this one and play here most often, though I have done so much that in order to do something new, I first have to tear something down.

2. Ancient roman - I got very excited about this neighbourhood after watching Rome, but I am a bit bored with it now, so I haven't done anyhting there for a while. One of the problems is that sims just won't behave like ancient Romans. No way will they lie down to eat, for example and it just doesn't look right to have them sitting around a table.

3. Medieval - I've had this one a long time and have put quite a lot of work into it. There is a slight fantasy/magic/witchcraft element to it.

4. Elizabethan - this is one of my newer neighbourhoods and still very underpopulated.

5. 18th C - here I've mixed Louis 16th, Baroque and pirate themes. A purist would disapprove, but it works for me.

6. Regency - with Jane Austen characters.

7. American Civil War - complete with Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler.

8. Victorian English - this is a new one. Originally, I put anything 19th C into the American Civil War neighbourhood, but then I saw the Brunel stuff on the Bunny Wuffels site and its distinctly English look was so different from the Little Red Schoolroom look of the Amercian Civil War neighbourhood, that I decided to split them. I might add some steampunk to this one to extend it a bit.

9. Edwardian - a short era, but an influential one. I have a lot of Brunel stuff in here too. Sherlock Holmes and Watson live here.

10. 1920's - flappers and distressed gentlewomen; early Brideshead Revisited types.

11. 1930's - Art Deco, Hollywood glamour, film stars and Agatha Christie characters.

12. 1940s/early50s - this is my favourite of the moment.

13. Harry Potter

14. I keep this one in its orginal condition in case I want to replace a corrupted lot.
KarinL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Karin, that is so funny! Phil ended up in a same sex relationship in my game too!

I completely missed this post before!! How funny!!! Did you design it that way, or did Phil surprise you as well?? I was totally shocked when I suddenly saw that pink heart appear when I thought he was just making friends... LOL!! I think they look cute together, though. He and his new family tested the Grim punchbowls for me, so they're in that screenshot...

About my theme games, I have six games now, and although at one point I had an idea of doing Roman, or fantasy (with mermaids and fairies and stuff), maybe Oriental and 1001-Nights fairy tail stuff, etc., I don't think any of these will ever really become a game.

Right now I have:

1. Maxis - just like it came off the disk, plus the official Maxis downloads from the Sims 1 site.

2. Vintage Spooky - vampires and witches, and the downtown, etc. families are elves, centaurs, bears and other fantasy creatures.

3. Pirates and Tropical - just an island with a harbour area and a lot of jungle lots with huts... :)

4. My modern game - that grew out of my first hood, when I slowly added my own families, lots of downloads, hacks, etc.

5. Medieval - not totally historically correct, but I do try...

6. Space station - this is a relatively new one, I moved some of my modern game families there and am collecting downloads right now.

I am picky about the details - like I want to manually change all NPCs to fit the theme and make sure they have proper buyables, etc.
So none of these are far developed. I had a lot of start problems when I switched to Mac - so most of my games have had to be re-instaled at one point or another. :)

The Roman stuff will probably end up in a vacation lot - I have a hotel in mind, using Ruth's (Bag of Tricks) Roman Holiday stuff and some of my other Roman downloads...
The fantasy stuff is mosty ending up with the vintage/spooky game. Some
of the oriental and arabian stuff will probably end up being used in themed restaurants or hotels as well...

Karin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well pop in here, having noticed this topic exists.

My neighborhoods are grouped by function instead of theme, really: one for play, one for testing and screenshots, one for experiments, etc. There's also the quarantine neighborhood I bulldozed completely and have used to build my Simchester House and the Main Testing Farm.

That said, even though they all carpool to work, most of my play and experimental sims could pass as mini themes themselves. Some of the more interesting ones:

- Zephon Thuth, an Arab Christian and scientist. His house looks like Aladdin and Data were roommates.

- The Triskel "sisters", Vetta, Venta, and Verna. Everyone needs a coven of witches to stir up trouble, right?

- Craig Kerrick, who is currently working his way up the X-Treme career track, and will probably settle as a treasure hunter. He likes to collect "souvenirs" from his work, so his house looks like he sacked a museum.

- Oberon and Titania. They got tired of England after so many thousand years, and have recently moved to Sim City, bringing Puck, Sir Anodos, Queen Irene, Morgana(!), Lorelei, and a few others with them. (I call this my "ransack the Simarillion" lot.)

- Sir John and Lady Jane Oldburgh (quiet replacements for the Newbies). More emigres from England, the Oldburghs are classy, cultural, and old money. They tend to decorate with anything that can be proven to be older than their family line.

lilac_sim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooh i only just seen this too! laugh
i have some themes too!

i have harry potter (as most people know!) laugh
medieval/lotr
retro which has 1920to 1950 stuff in it!
A testing neighbourhood with all my original simmies in!
I have a neighbourhood were i haven't decided yet either! I have modern and some asian stuff too and a few bits and bobs!
And my roman etc neighbourhood too!

I saw your message about no abe skin! loopy i will do it if you want as i have hellboy and liz but no abe! And i would like to do the elves in the second film too! i do love hellboy! laugh

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsmaximatchers
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsthemesforsims1
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacshistoricalsims
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mattydontlikeit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been meandering around with a pretty generic Medieval/Pirate themed neighborhood, but having organized downloads and begun to familiarize myself with the tools needed to make what I need rather than have to track it down, it appears I am about to begin on a "Scientific Romance" theme. This, though informed by steampunk, is more along the lines of Jules Verne, HG Wells or Olaf Stapledon turn-of-the-century science fiction, Victorian through about the 1930's, with bits of Edgar Rice Burroughs, Poe, and Lovecraft thrown in for local color, though only tinged with Bad Things lurking in the corners of the world, no overt goth or dark stuff. The stuff i'm digging through isn't quite as prevalent as tiki, or pirate, or medieval, but it's available, and as long as you get rid of the asphalt streets it works on the more rustic or medieval neighborhood maps (that aerial view HAS to look right). I was considering doing a Planet of the Apes theme, replacing all the stock humans with talking primates and leaving the world itself untouched, but I'm keen to do some world-building, and the apes would have pretty much only supplied me with funny screenshots. Besides which, Murders in the Rue Morgue is set in the approximate time period I have in mind, so I can still have a mad ape or two roaming the streets. I even found Poe and Houdini skins on an old hard drive, so maybe the ape can keep Ed company on his drinking binges...
Also, a great deal of the medieval and goth and Harry Potter stuff crosses over in more rustic areas, which is a godsend.

Postscript: Any human activity, no matter how mundane or superfluous, turns to instant comedy gold when you dress a chimp in human clothes and cast him in the same activity. A human being walking a dog: not especially funny, barring unforeseen circumstance. A chimp walking a dog: always funny, no matter what.
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some lovely items to fit this theme at MmeRosa, in case you're not already a member there.
I love the absinthe decanter and the various lamps that fit perfectly in a turn-of-the-century science fiction theme.
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/MmeRosa/
Raeven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattydontlikeit wrote:
Any human activity, no matter how mundane or superfluous, turns to instant comedy gold when you dress a chimp in human clothes and cast him in the same activity.

ROFL rotf

LaurenAmelia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there hasn't been a post in this bit of the forum for a while, but.. WOW.

Over the past few weeks I've been reading through so much of this forum, and I can't believe I never knew all the things I'm only just learning, like organising downloads for theme playing, and changing the neighbourhood screen.. I feel like I need to make up for lost time!

So I've spent a lot of time today sorting out some of my downloads into themes. This is how it's looking so far:

1) Farm/Cowboys - is what it sounds like. Might throw a Native American in there as well since I just came across one while browsing here!

2) Tiki/Pirate - I'm hoping these will blend sort of nicely. I've wanted to use the pirate stuff from SSOW for a while.

3) Fantasy/Fairytale/Medieval - Yeah, this one will be fun.. I can see the toilet bush being used quite heavily in this one laugh

4) Sci-Fi - Because I adore sci-fi films. Will hopefully include a Bladerunner-style downtown area.

5) Millionnaire Mansions - for sports stars/Super Stars. Many flashy cars and swimming pools.

6) "Scuzzy Urban" laugh That's the file name at the moment. Will include many neon signs, bars and off licenses (liquor stores, I guess you call them outside the UK)

7) University City - Because I know this better than anything! With student accommodation (apartment objects), lecture theaters, clubs and bars, a BIG library..... Ahh, student life wub

8) Spooky - witches, vampires, psychics! Mostly because I haven't had Makin' Magic for very long and want to have space to completely immerse myself in the spookiness!
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaurenAmelia wrote:

So I've spent a lot of time today sorting out some of my downloads into themes. This is how it's looking so far:

It looks as if you're going to have lots of fun!

If I could make a suggestion? Pick just one theme to get started with. Putting it together and getting it all in your game just the way you want it will let you learn all the things that it's possible to do wrong. laugh Then try a second theme. By the time you get to the third one, you'll know exactly how you want to do it. ( Nobody here started from scratch and suddenly put together more than one or two theme games without hitting some problems!)

LaurenAmelia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruja wrote:
LaurenAmelia wrote:

It looks as if you're going to have lots of fun!

If I could make a suggestion? Pick just one theme to get started with. Putting it together and getting it all in your game just the way you want it will let you learn all the things that it's possible to do wrong. laugh Then try a second theme. By the time you get to the third one, you'll know exactly how you want to do it. ( Nobody here started from scratch and suddenly put together more than one or two theme games without hitting some problems!)

Ahh, okay. That's probably a very good idea, as I'm not too sure how to do it all at the moment. Right now I've just started sorting the downloads I haven't put into my game yet. There're loads!

Hmm.. So I'm thinking I'll have to have copies of loads of the folders to swap around when switching between themed neighbourhoods.. Like for every folder that contains anything to do with the theme.. Is there any way that could be less confusing? huh
KarinL

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the storage for it, I would make a folder for each theme and call them something like N1 - Cowboy; N2 - Tiki; etc.
Then you have all the folders that you need to swap out together, by theme.

[/url]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Theme Players All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: