Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sim interior design

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Community File Share, Clone and Recolor Policy Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: sim interior design Reply with quote

http://www.simsinteriordesigns.net/iniciosims1sup.htm

Just thought I would post this here. She now allows recolors as long as you give credit and they remain free and you cannot recolor the donation files. It's under the faqs section

Quote:
CLONING POLICY
You can clone and recolor my FREE sims interior designs files with the following provisions:
1) Please link back to us on your site and credit our work.
2) Creations based on our work must be distributed for free.

You are NOT allowed to sell recolors, clones etc... of my work.
Recolor of donation items is also NOT allowed.

Can I include your objects in a house for download?
If by "include" you mean putting my objects on a shopping list, you're absolutely welcome to. If you want to offer them on your site for download along with the house, please do so but remember only free files.

FILE SHARE FRIENDLY
You can share my FREE files for private use, with your friends at any sims file share forum, using the e-mail . This is useful to help a site to save some bandwidth and also to help some visitors that couldn't get the files. I DON'T allow the use/upload of our stuff in any other site/forum/e-group/FTP. The only way you can share my Free downloads is through e-mail. I DON'T allow you to share our donation files. Please respect this, there is a lot of work behind the designs. Most of my site is free. If I offer from time to time donation files is to cover exclusively my server/bandwith costs.
lilac_sim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks angel fan, that is great news!
thank you for letting us know. biggrin

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsmaximatchers
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsthemesforsims1
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacshistoricalsims
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! As someone who applied to Christina before for permission to recolour, it's nice to know she's made it even easier now!
angelfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol at least you got a hold of her I had asked her for a year with no reply back to recolor her simstuff I am glad she changed her policy I just lover her stuff . Your welcome Lilac
eve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what if the owner does not permit to clone? but either way you do? whistle
Madoria

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eve- the Sims 1 community has been very careful and mostly respected Creators cloning and Fileshare policy.

So it is actually the Custom to ask permission and obey the wishes of talented Creators.

Most Creators will be very hurt if you clone without permission AND share it with others - and belive me- The Community has a way of finding out !!!

It is rather hard work with creating new look objects with z buffers and alphas too.

If you are custom to recolouring - well - it takes about 5 times longer to create a whole new look object- and the more tiles the more work.

So I can understand that some creators don't wanna have to see what they spent hours on in a neon green recolour 2 days after they have it put up for Download...

So just taking the small time to ask for permission in a e-mail before you start is a very small way to say thank you to the original creator for hers or his time !!!
Most of them are very nice and will say yes!
Some are very curious and wanna know how the new recolour looks !!! whistle

There are also lots of wonderful sites that has very generouse cloning policies.... among them Parsimonius, Around the Sims ,
Persimon Grove and many more!

Also there is a custom that one can clone for your own game- without sharing it with others.
Personally I avoid this because half the fun of creating is in SHARING the created.
It depends on how we play our game!

wink

Susanne

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Community File Share, Clone and Recolor Policy Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: