Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graphical Tips for Making Sim-like Furniture?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ammonite

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Graphical Tips for Making Sim-like Furniture? Reply with quote

I use Photoshop, mostly just for editing. I've always wanted to design my own piece of furniture from scratch. Just wondering if there are any techniques or tips when drawing Sim furniture to make it look authentic?
ruthml

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proportion and angle are most important. There's a grid in the tutorial kits at Bunnywuffle's School of Transmogrification. This will help you get the angles right. To get the proportion right, take a screen shot of the game and pop the image into Photoshop as yo are working. Then every now and then merge the layers of whatever you are working on and move across onto the screenshot image. You'll see whether it's too small, too big etc.

Pay attention to shadow and light on the object too, it will make a big difference - extract examples of furniture in the game and study the bmps to see how the shadows and highlights are positioned/placed.

Ammonite

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, I'll take a look at that tutorial kit immediately.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: