Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off-center graphics, how do I fix?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redhead1148

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Off-center graphics, how do I fix? Reply with quote

I cloned Aponee's 2-rotation 6-in-1 rug base (1 tile) to put several different shaped deco objects of mine in, including this security guard I got forever ago from TSR.

I simply copied and pasted the sprites from the original security guard (which was also 2 rotation and 1 tile) into the rug, so the sprites in the rug are the exact same placement as in the original security guard. But then it turned out looking like this picture below, where the one on the right is the original security guard, and the one on the left is the Aponee base (which is placed on the tile right next to the original).

Do I simply need to open up the Aponee-base sprites again and manually move the image over a little? And do I do that for the a, p, AND z sprites or just one of them? or two of them? And how do I know how much to move it over or what direction? Trial and error?

offcentergraphics.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.29 KB
 Viewed:  2897 Time(s)

offcentergraphics.jpg

Raeven

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Off-center graphics, how do I fix? Reply with quote

Redhead1148 wrote:
I simply copied and pasted the sprites from the original security guard (which was also 2 rotation and 1 tile) into the rug, so the sprites in the rug are the exact same placement as in the original security guard.

Redhead1148 wrote:
Do I simply need to open up the Aponee-base sprites again and manually move the image over a little?

Yes, all of the X and the Y coordinates need to be the same as the security guard's as well.

Redhead1148

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what exactly are the x and y coordinates?
Poetica

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are where an object sits on the square in the game. You can move objects on the X and Y coordinates in Tmog. (You'll need to do it for each rotation.)

TIP: Once you get your object positioned right, hit the "Set All" button to set the smaller zooms as well. You may need to do minor tinkering with them but they should be pretty close.

Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that! Do you know I've been setting all my zooms by hand, not realizing the set al would do that? hide
mtaman

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redhead1148 wrote:
what exactly are the x and y coordinates?

The X/Y co-ordinates in T-mog are figured from the lowest (Y) left-most (X) pixel in the p sprite.

Write down the coordinates from the original security guard in Tmog. Use those same numbers for your new one.

If you have Iff pencil, you might want to check this thread for future reference. It tell another way to do a graphics swap
http://simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?t=2386
Redhead1148

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OHHHhhhhhhh thanks SO MUCH GUYS!!! *sings* I can see cleeeearly nowww the raiiinn is gonnnne...

haha
Poetica

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome for my small part. Happy creating!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive me for resurrecting this ancient thread, but I'm having a spot of trouble with those blasted trees I've been trying to get finished.

The trees that I created I cloned from Maxis apple trees and added a few extra decorations, but there was no significant change to the size of the tree. I changed the A and Z sprites accordingly. When I go to T-Mog and enter the X&Y coordinates of the original tree, the pieces don't line up correctly at all - three of the pieces will line up but then the final one will really far off the map. I haven't tried Poetica's tip yet with Set All, but is there any reason why the original X&Y coordinates aren't working?

Last question: in T-Mog, one state of the tree has a different appearance in T-Mog. This is the normal view of the zoom in T-Mog:

And this is the wonky one:

Any ideas? I'm at my wits' end and having a hard time muddling through. wall

-Matthew Arnold-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: