Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

De teening a former sim child?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atuhk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: De teening a former sim child? Reply with quote

I've run across a couple of skins/meshes that have been teenified. Lol,, it there any way to reverse it? Or is it somehow possible to edit the xskin file back to a its former stature? What kind of software would I need. I've looked inside xskin files before O_o. I don't think it possible to manually edit one.
Thanks for any suggestions/help. smile
Oreocreme

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atuhk, maybe you don't have to go through all that work. The .bmp might just fit a mesh that is already made. You didn't say whether the original size would be child or adult. Perhaps if you post a pic of the skin or give us a link, one of us could recommend a mesh it would fit on for the size of Sim that you want. All that would be necessary then would be renaming the .bmp. Very simple. smile
Atuhk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: skins Reply with quote

Thanks Oreocreme, I've already done that much. There's features to the mesh that I'd like to save. In the mean time there's already a substitute mesh filling in. lol. I need to find a sight that has documentation on what software I would need, and some "start me up" instructions.
It might be too much of a chore, but I'd at least like to give it a look. Thanks again.
smile
Oreocreme

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need Milkshape. I don't do meshes, so I am afraid that I really don't know anything about that program or where you can get it from, but you can probably Google it. That is the only program I know of that meshers use. Hopefully someone else here can give you some help in using it.
Atuhk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: skins Reply with quote

lol,, I googled milkshape and, oh boy, was I excited to see all the redirection n patches n updates. :P I finally found a tutorial and was amazed how much they wanted to redirect my interest to anything else... It seems they have succeeded for the moment. I think I might rather do something else for now. LOL,,
Thanks again.
biggrin rolleyes
Oreocreme

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you found something to keep you busy and off the streets! laugh
Atuhk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I guess the streets are a lot safer around here cause of that. whistle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: