Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few project thoughts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nytician

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: A few project thoughts. Reply with quote

Hi there, I'm very new at this so please don't get your hopes up for anything, especially anything good but I have done some basic coding in the past so I'm hoping the whole idea wont be so bad.

Aside from the stuff which I know I'll be able to pick up, like making new floors, walls, skins and objects (eventually).

I'm very interested in making a new neighbourhood and possibly adding more lots to existing ones etc

I've read that you can apparently only have 1 main neighbour hood, but perhaps I can work around this by making some more off lot neighbourhoods as well.

This is the biggest project I've been thinking about.

Aside from this I'd like to work on the GUI and the cursor icons i've done art in the past for some websites, so hopefully this should be ok. I'm talking about updating the GUI if I can, and making the cursors coloured etc, to make the game look a bit more modern.

Just wanted to get this out there to let you know what Im wanting to work on, and if you know how people do the basic etc then hopefully I can explore and work things out better.

Thanks!
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: A few project thoughts. Reply with quote

[quote="Nytician"]
I'm very interested in making a new neighbourhood and possibly adding more lots to existing ones etc

I've read that you can apparently only have 1 main neighbour hood, but perhaps I can work around this by making some more off lot neighbourhoods as well.
[quote]

The base game had only one neighbourhood, but since you have expansions, you have some or all of the away lots. If you have Unleashed (or later?), you have 40 house/community lots in each neighbourhood. However, games that have overcrowded hoods, with too many families and/or crowded community lots, tend to crash.

And you can have up to 99 hoods (UserData files), each with main and away lots in a game, if you have the storage space, since a UserData file can be quite large.

An alternative is to have separate games for each theme, with only appropriate custom content, like skins and objects.

I may be totally misunderstanding your intent. I did notice that you planned to add lots. I, for one, think it would be lovely to have more vacation and magic land lots.
smile

Aaron_of_Mpls

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, you're limited to however many lots per neighborhood that the game comes with. The only way to "add" more lots is to keep different copies of the same lot number in another folder and swap them in and out when you want something different (as I occasionally do with my HousesBackup folders).
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In theory it's possible to move lots to another neighborhood, and you can alter the map data, although I haven't really done much with this because it got too complicated too quickly and it's been my on-and-off pet project for years now!. laugh
Nytician

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh right heh, well at least I now know what the system is capable of and what not. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: