Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NPC's and Coffee Cart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonikku3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: NPC's and Coffee Cart Reply with quote

Hello, i need your help...again.

So here's the deal, i managed to clone the expresso cart from unleashed, but there's a problem, i dunno how to create an NPC for it, could soemone give me a hand, please. smile
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need Wilf's tutorial. And I don't have the link on this computer. If nobody else posts it first, I will first chance I get.
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it. http://members.multimania.co.uk/wilfjones/tutorial-npc-object.html

It was written quite some time ago, and some of the steps are easier now, using Iff pencil. You no longer need to mess around with hex editors. You just need to be really, really careful in your typing.

I find it a lot easier to make myself text documents with the old and the new GUIDs for the objects, and, where necessary, for the NPC's. Can't remember at the moment whether the coffee cart is one which needs to go both ways with GUID matches, and don't have TMog or iff pencil on this silly computer.

KarinL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to have a custom espresso cart is to just use this one:

http://www.woobsha.com/cafes1.html

Clone these two together (make sure to clone 'all'), change the graphics of the cart and then change the skin files of the NPC.

There's a tutorial 'EZclone ReadMe' included in the zip.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt that Raeven's Woobsha EZ clone is the simplest to get started with. I started with the Maxis hot dog cart, which turned out to be a real pain. (peter9g hacked/fixed it for me, but it was a pain for him, too.)

Raeven hacked her EZ clone cart so that the NPC is part of the object, not a separate object that needs to be GUID matched. It's a superior and more elegant object than/to the Maxis original.

It's made to use a single NPC skin/mesh, because it was expected to appeal more to object makers than to skinners like me, who like to have a variety of NPC's, all dressed in different bmps. (Raeven and I found each other's passions a little weird at first.) But it's a simple matter to add additional NPC skins. Certainly a lot easier than the GUID changing/matching, which carries huge opportunities for messing up.

Sonikku3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, and since i wanna go for both (object maker and skinner), i decided to clone the original coffee cart, but i found an even easier tutorial on CTO:

http://sirenshadow.com/sirenshadow/tutorials.html

But thanks, though they already sugested me both Wilf's tutorial and cloning Raeven's coffee and pastries cart. but still, a thank you is a thank you.
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. People who come back to say thank you are always going to get help next time. smile

We're glad you're doing so well with your projects.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: