Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sims college

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cricket_Lover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Sims college Reply with quote

Is there a place I can download the Sims College for offline viewing? The computer I do Sims on doesn't have an internet connection.
Alexa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can read .pdf files on the computer you could still try to 'print' it as .pdf
CutePDF for exemple is free ^^
I'm not sure if it's 'allowed' but as long as it is for personal use rolleyes
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also a Firefox add-on that turns web pages into pdfs quickly and easily.
Yersinia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Sims college Reply with quote

Cricket_Lover wrote:
Is there a place I can download the Sims College for offline viewing? The computer I do Sims on doesn't have an internet connection.

Run printouts! smile

I printed out, in their entirety, both the Entry Level and Intermediate Level hacking courses.

IMO what's good about printouts (besides having the reference materials "forever" if you need them later on, and trust me you will) is that while taking the lessons, you can work from them without giving up any computer screen real estate, and when you finish an exercise and want to compare your code to what's in the lesson, you don't have to click between the lesson and your open IFF Snooper (or IFF Pencil) screens.

~Yersinia.

"Hand over the coffee and no one gets hurt."
Siyankan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Yersinia entirely. I don't have them printed out, but that's only because I'm a grad student with a limited number of print credits. I've often wished that I did have them printed out, especially if I'm testing something in my game and want to reference them. I'm just about tempted to hand copy them sometimes.
Yersinia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexa wrote:
If you can read .pdf files on the computer you could still try to 'print' it as .pdf
CutePDF for exemple is free ^^
I'm not sure if it's 'allowed' but as long as it is for personal use rolleyes

Of course it's "allowed" to make personal copies of the Sims College courses to make hacking studies easier. I ran printouts even though my computer can do both Sims and Internet simultaneously. PDFs huh? I don't like them myself, but if Cricket would prefer to work with PDFs, then he/she should go ahead and make them.

~Yersinia.

Yersinia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siyankan wrote:
I agree with Yersinia entirely. I don't have them printed out, but that's only because I'm a grad student with a limited number of print credits. I've often wished that I did have them printed out, especially if I'm testing something in my game and want to reference them. I'm just about tempted to hand copy them sometimes.

All your Internet and printer access is at school?! You don't have a printer at home?

Hmmm, maybe you should be making PDFs of the Sims College courses (if your eyesight can stand PDFs: mine can't so that's why I hate 'em)? IMO not as good as printouts but at least you'd have them permanently on your computer for reference...

~Yersinia.

Siyankan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yersinia wrote:
All your Internet and printer access is at school?! You don't have a printer at home?

Well, I can get the Internet from home, but yes, at this point my printer is shot and all I've got to work with is UD's printers. I'll live, though. At worst, I just take my laptop into a computer lab, pull up Sims College on the university computer, and then have it available but completely out of the way. There is always a way...

facundo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: I want to enter! Reply with quote

Hi! I'm from argentina, but i know a little of english. I had folowed the lessons of sims college from the secret society of woobsha, but there isn't the Advanced hacking lessons! angry . I tried to enter to the original site of sims college, but there are two boxes to put a username and a password thumbsdown . I don't have any account and I don't know how to create one. Coul someone help me? Please! sad
Or, mayby someone has a copy of these lessons and could give me them.
Yersinia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: I want to enter! Reply with quote

facundo wrote:
Hi! I'm from argentina, but i know a little of english. I had folowed the lessons of sims college from the secret society of woobsha, but there isn't the Advanced hacking lessons! angry . I tried to enter to the original site of sims college, but there are two boxes to put a username and a password thumbsdown . I don't have any account and I don't know how to create one. Coul someone help me? Please! sad
Or, mayby someone has a copy of these lessons and could give me them.

Sorry, but the original Sims College site is gone. I don't know if the Advanced Level Hacking course was posted there (I've never seen it) because that was way before my time as a Simmer, but Raeven at Woobsha, who was one of the Sims College instructors, decided to archive the Entry Level and Intermediate Level hacking courses at Woobsha. The Advanced course is no longer available.

~Yersinia.

itharius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there still nobody owned the advanced course ?
These tuto are very helpful and they are no equivalent on the web !!!
KarinL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If those 'advanced' lessons had been good and helpful in any way, they would have been published along with the other two levels.

There isn't some dark and secret plot to keep people from learning how to hack. The reason they were not published in the first place is because they contained mistakes and misleading information.

For this reason, the advanced course was destroyed. There might be one or two people who still have a copy, but it's highly likely that they left the community by now. And if they haven't, they are probably not willing to distribute them and spread confusion.

In any case, once you've completed the intermediate course, it's much better to just jump in and do something for yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ! i have not waiting to found these lessons to "jump in" from myself but with the entry and intermediate level , i have learned many things that i probably never discovered and understood without alone. Because, i was looking for things more specifically concerning beds and others, and it was not develloped as far i would in the intermediate lesson , i was thinking it could have been in the advanced lessons. I thank you to rassure me that i have'nt miss something crucial ;)
One thing is sure, these lessons have conforted me that the things i 've planned are possible :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: