Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help me to learn more about Hacking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itharius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: help me to learn more about Hacking Reply with quote

Hello all !

I want to learn more about hacking...
First, I should say that i have read all the tutorials link in that forum and all of the page about hacking the sims 1 on google.
the things i know how to do ? Making skin ( texture and meshes) Cloning, recolouring, playing with GUID for object with NPC. I've never did it but i know how to add motives/moods in an object. OK but that's not what i want to learn.

i have clone the alarmclock.iff and open it with iffpencil2.
One thing i am interested in, is the function of the object that is programmed to launch an action ( the ring) at a moment X.
Because i would like to understand the part of the code to try to use it in others objects. So Is there someone who could explain me line by line what they means ( i speak about the bhav ) #4096 main #4097 set alarm etc...
My idea is if i know what these lines mean, i could use them to launch other action that make the object playing the sound of the ring.and incorporate them into other objects.

Another thing i would like to understand , about npc.
I have learn in http://simania.nl that the skill points are in the neighboorhood.iff not in user.iff So I have note that the repairman isn't at the max of the skill for mechanics because some of my sims wich are at the max repair objects faster than him. For the Servo, the food that he make isn't the best for hungry, and the chefcook in downtown don"t make a food as good as a sims with the max in skill cooking could make. So i ask me if NPC have skill points and how to improve them.
for the repairman, i think it must be a skill mechanichal to change , where could it be ?
For Servo and cook chef , maybe they create an object ( the food) wich contain a number for hungry ?

You could have understood that i don't speak english well , i'm french so sometimes, it is difficult to express what i am looking for.

I please you, if you could help me to learn theses things, do it :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: