Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mars' Sims 3 screen shots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Mars' Sims 3 screen shots Reply with quote

Here are a few screen shots of the garden for those interested. This is mostly what I do in Sims 3, collect seeds and harvest wild plants then bring them home and harvest and reap and harvest and reap till I've got perfection. You can sell the produce to live on the proceeds, eat it or use it for fertilizer. I like to send my sim fishing to get fish fertilizer.
This garden has almost every plant in it now and most are perfect quality.
Note the nasty little gnome. These things give me the creeps and I didn't want one. Had my fortune told at the Moonlight Falls Gypsy Wagon and ended up with a dead looking gnome. Don't let him fool you. They come to life and move around the garden when you're not looking. Creepy!

17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here is me fishing. Wish I could get the video quality better. The graphics in this game are amazing. The water is so translucent you can see the fish swimming. One of the fish I catch is the tragic clown fish. Go close up and you can see it has the old Sims 1 tragic clown's face. Can't wait for Seasons which is supposed to allow sims to swim in the ocean. Right now they can only swim in swimming pools but that water is so tempting!

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/Eradia/?action=view&current=Video-6_zps1d0b1214.mp4
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That ghastly little gnome has been moving about my garden again! Now he's posing as though he's going to eat my porcini mushrooms.

17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep forgetting there are horses in the game now. I did have one sim keep a horse for the fertilizer (oh yes, you can use horses for fertilizer) but he took so much work to keep that it wasn't worth it. I suppose it would work for a Sim couple. One could garden and the other could care for the animals.
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly perfect garden now. I have all of the plants from all expansions except the Omni Plant. Will have see where I can get that. Last time a sim had it, the seeds were awarded to her or something. All the plants are perfect or outstanding quality and I have a chest where I'm storing perfect seed from all the plants in case of a disaster. May have to upload this to the exchange.

bluesage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine work; most fine! clap
'
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting better and better! Trying all opportunities now and hoping the one to get omni plant seeds will eventually turn up.
It takes SIX HOURS for the sim to tend this garden. I miss the gardener from Sims 1.
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add that my sim did bring in $5,563 from a single day harvest. So I suppose six hours is a fair day's labour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: