Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manual Lot Management-changing lot # w/o changing the view
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mamasoul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is perfect information! So many times, I've found great looking houses that occupy the same lot, and it's always been a matter of either choosing one, or starting a whole new neighborhood for the other house.

It's never too late to learn something new about this game, no matter how long you've been playing it! thumbsup

Thanks so much for that list! notworthy
patchover

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep the list taped to the wall right in front of me here.. When I make a download a structure, and decide to move it.. I use the list.

I also so what Blue had shown me.. Take the Non Home and bring em Home wink

floorlaugh Course lots of the non home stuff isnt' there, but who cares? Storytellers like the two of us just do it for the fun rolleyes

I'm glad you found this thread and use it for the enjoyment of you and your game hug

Andrasta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Can you do that with vacation lots too? Reply with quote

Hi,

I read that very interesting thread (sth I never dared to try out) and would like to know if anyone has ever tried to do that with vacation lots.
Would it be possible to take e.g. a vacation beach house with sand floor and put it into one with grass or winter of similar size?

Curiously
Andrasta
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you do that with vacation lots too? Reply with quote

Andrasta wrote:
Hi,

I read that very interesting thread (sth I never dared to try out) and would like to know if anyone has ever tried to do that with vacation lots.
Would it be possible to take e.g. a vacation beach house with sand floor and put it into one with grass or winter of similar size?

Curiously
Andrasta

I believe there are in-built hard constraints preventing that, but the only way we ever found anything useful about manipulating the game was for someone to try it. Many of us crashed games repeatedly to find out what could be made to work and what couldn't.

Grit your teeth, set up a spare hood, try the switch, then come back to tell us what you could or could not do without crashing the game. After the experiment, if the hood won't work for you, just delete it.

Be careful, though. Learning to outwit the game can be addictive. laugh

Andrasta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh

Well Bruja, I tried enough up to now (despite not being very couragios); oh dear, being here in SO gives me even more input... jfade's psycho
The idea of re-installing everything (worst case) makes me shudder! Probably I even wouldn't remember how I managed to do this or that.
At the moment I just want to build and play and am not eager for game crashs. I recently (up to yesterday) cleaned up my loads of active downloads (harddisk capacity reasons and things like that), deleting a lot of stuff I really don't need (not right now, at least...). Still have to make backups on CDs...

So, by me you won't hear news about that vacation lot thing too soon *g*
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These days I have no time at all, other than a few minutes a week to log in here at SO. Once winter weather closes in, I'll try renaming one of the "summer" vacation lots, and see what happens. I have a regency theme that can't use those lots anyway, so I'd find a use for more "normal clothing".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: