Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving Horses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximum411

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Moving Horses Reply with quote

Hi everyone.
I don't know much about object editing, but I was wondering if it would be possible to edit the rideable horses from lphntschld so that they moved around the lot (either going around in a circle or just moving around randomly). Does anybody know how to do this? I can post them up here if someone thinks they will be able to.
I appreciate any help,
Max
bluesage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don`t make objects, but I do get ideas. smile

How about making the horse a "ride" on invisible MM tracks? wink
KarinL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't BNJ X LVR have a similar set with dinosaurs and racecars for kids to ride??

Your idea sounds great, too.

I'm still playing around with various types of mills - a horse going in circles would be great for a horsemill...

Karin
weckar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know blue, that could work really well. you'd need somekind of riding nimation for the sim though, and have to fool around with poitioning a bit so they don't float, but it could work....
maximum411

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is already a riding animation for the stationary horses; I don't know much about object editing- would it be possible to change the animation so that the person moves with the horse?
Or an object based off of the MM tracks is also a great idea, as bluesage mentioned.
Maybe the horse moving around could be one big "object", and just made so that the horse is visible at different locations on the object? I don't know if that's very clear; I'm just throwing ideas out there.
Anybody think they'd be up to trying this? I'm sure it would be very popular with Sims fans.
DaphneHarridge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Everyone ~
First off, I've never made any object or anything at all for The Sims (not even a recolor), so forgive me if this is a stupid post.
whistle

That said...could the animations for Puffy The Porker (at TSR) and/or that baby that crawls around the house (can't remember where it came from) be used to make the horses move around the lot?

I love that the horses are able to move at all, but to see them move around a corral would be Teh Awesome!
thumbsup

DH
gegelolococo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of the horse-riding based on the MM tracks with the LNPHT's riding animation.

Also, Simslice has a rideable motorcycle which works fine (can't remember if it's in the free or pay section blush). It makes the rider go all over the place at full speed laugh and also drains energy from the user as it should. Although once my sim rider ended its ride and abandonned the motorbike outside of the lot's limits and I had to remove it with the move-objects on cheat code for some reason dry ..
So I guess theoretically a moving rideable horse is also feasible somehow.

But actually, for the Simslice rideable bike, in a way it's not really your sim (in his own skin) who rides the bike but a standard black-clad and helmeted rider (if I remember correctly there is a quick fast animation that makes you sims transform as if he were changing outfits). makes me think of Marvel Comics' "Ghost Rider" character without the blazing skull head...
So you may have to do the same trick with a moving rideable horse = this would fit particularly well in a theme neighbourhood (Medieval, Harry Potter...) having your rider sim "put on" some full-body armor before riding. I'm thinking of the mysterious Black Knight, but why not have a unique set of knight armor assigned to each horse ? And also have one for the Headless Horseman.....

Among her fabulous creations, AuntB has if I remember correctly animated grandparents in wheelchairs and an animated skater whom you can have wander the grounds (haven't tried those in my game yet).
Can a similar animated npc be made representing a horseman riding?
It would be nice to have one wander the grounds of some of our community lots or vacation lots, no? I would love to see those beautiful horseback riding skins from Comhair be used...

If this existed, we would then possibly be able to have another object made to look like the same horse at rest, with a clickable option 'ride' which would 'dress up' your sim into the rider armor/oufit and immediately replace both your sim and the horse at rest with the animated horseman for a set period of time. Am I making any sense?

Better yet, another object linked to the horse, say a saddle for example, which would give you control of the duration of the ride/transformation (options "saddle up" and "let me doooooown")...

Just daydreaming..... sleep
maximum411

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking- gegelolococo's idea to use the Simslice motorcycle was a great idea. Would it be possible to just replace the motorcycle animations with animations from the pre-existing horses from lphntschld on Tmog (and then add a rider on top of the horse)? Do you guys think this wouldn't be too hard? I would be willing to try to learn to use Tmog to do this. Or if somebody else thinks they could do this, that would be great, as I have never even used Tmog.
So what do you think, is it worth trying?
herr burgermeister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, shoot me now if you wish for taking this idea one step further -

I've been hanging in Ancient Rome (Palmpay) for a couple months now, revamping the entire nbhd. (Wasn't thrilled with what I had.) The colosseum turned out fantastic, as well as the ampitheater, baths, and some of the houses and temples. What I've been considering is a hippodrome. Yes, the great Circus Maximus. I know, Pompeii didn't have one, but Palmpay does. *sly wink* So, here it is - what about chariots that actually run the course, maybe based on the roller coaster from MM, or a modification of the simslice motorcycle altered to look like a chariot with a couple horses drawing it?

If the coaster is used, it would need a pair of chariots running side-by-side, the track could be sand coloured without the centre track shadow, the rider could appear as though holding reins as opposed to the rail of the car. Only the straight and curved track would be needed, and possibly a new track where the two could cross each other, i.e. the outer track becomes the inner and vice versa.
Raeven

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If the coaster is used, it would need a pair of chariots running side-by-side, ...

Tiny point I can't help but mention here rolleyes ...

A change that HUGE is not really using the roller coasters as a base so much as borrowing some coding from them ... using them as inspiration or a guide. That's the sort of change that sounds small and often seems more a graphics issue than anything else but would, in fact, means the "base" needs to be pretty much gutted and re-written since it has not made any provisions for keep track of a second car or rider (much less the coding involved for a race since you'd want different winners by different lengths each time and want the two competitors to sync up for the races start.)

Which is not to say it's not a really fun idea, of course! biggrin
It sounds neat as can be.

herr burgermeister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, um, I wasn't exactly thinking of having definite winners per se, more like doing it just for the fun factor. One track would be fine. A wee bit lonely, but fine. rolleyes If two seperate tracks could be placed closely together it could appear as if there was a race occurring. whistle
riobob64

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd bring this awesome idea back to the forefront...Don't give up on it, PLEASE!!! So cool whistle
maximum411

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry! I started working on this project over the summer, and plan to work on it this winter during my college winter break and continue next summer (or earlier) if I don't finish in the winter.

I have already made some preliminary progress. I have recolored the Lphntschld horse skins so that my object has a unique look, and Watersim has made some beautiful riding outfit skins for me (for adult males and females). I just need a riding skin for a child, and then I will have everything I need.

I also took an intensive programming class this semester, so now I am much more comfortable with interpreting and modifying other peoples' code; that's a skill I'll definitely need for this project. I think I'll use one of the Simslice pet objects (like Puffy the Porker) for feeding, pooping, and wandering around behaviors, and then use the Simslice motorcycle for the riding behaviors. Keep an eye out for the completed object!

You can read more about the details here:

http://www.simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?t=9660&highlight=

André

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool maximum411.
I've read about this project since you decided to recruit people to help. Unfortunately I have no skill as a creator whistle , but I hope that one day this project is completed.
It's certainly something I want in my game. smile
riobob64

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggrin
I am SO excited!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: