Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KSIM Radio - A radio station for your sims!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Show and Tell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starrfoxx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: KSIM Radio - A radio station for your sims! Reply with quote

No, it's not a building to plop down into your game (although, I might consider making one), but rather it is a real station (sort of) that you and your sims (kind of) can listen to.

I've always loved the music from the Sims, and I set out to collect and tag all of the music as best as I can with titles and artist information. I've built up quite a collection of over 1600 songs from "sim" games such as The Sims 1-3, SimCity 1-4, Streets of SimCity, SimCity Societies, Spore, SimAnt, SimEarth, The Sims Social, The Sims Online, Sims Medieval, SimAnimals, MySims, SimCopter, and many others. I also thought it would be fun to throw in music from the Civilization and Age of Empires series, since those are also "sim" like games.

KSIM Radio is currently a 1 hour program which airs Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 2pm Pacific / 5pm Eastern on my host radio station. Sometimes I'll have KSIM Radio take over the station for the whole weekend.

It's a fun retro trip down memory lane for all of us who grew up with The Sims, SimCity, and other simulation games. It also has some humorous commercial breaks which I've extracted from the "sim" games as well as retro commercials and trailers for the real games themselves.

You can check out the website here:
http://killer-radio.webs.com/ksimradio.html

It's a simple, Flash website that I created. I'm still building my skills up in Flash, so I hope to have some more going on with the site.

And if there's enough demand for one, I would consider making a "KSIM" Radio Station for our Sims to visit. I think it would be a fun project, and I can make a few custom objects to go with it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea! wink
All games have really good songs, but I see that you do not include Sims 2!!
Sims 2 also has cool songs, I especially like the Indie radio.

You includes Age of Empires!!!Was my favorite game before releasing The Sims.

Thank you Starrfoxx!!
Starrfoxx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sims 2 is included.

"Sims 1-3" meaning Sims 1, 2, and 3.
    "SimCity 1-4" meaning SimCity, SimCity 2000, SimCity 3000, and of course 4.

I have also dug deeper and got the songs that are on the console games such as Sims 2 (PS2 version) and Urbz, which has different music. There are also a few different songs on Sims Pet Stories and Sims Castaway Stories. I have a few for the GameBoy Advance also, but there are still so many more to get.

For the old games, I've got original MIDI files converted to MP3 as well as the files recorded with a Roland MT32 for some games.

No, I don't have every possible song out there, but I do have a very good amount. Definitely enough to sustain a 24 hour station over a weekend, which I like to do around release dates for Sims games. I'm amazed I collected over 1600 songs so far, and there are still a bunch more I have yet to get.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KSIM Radio program updates

We'll be having a KSIM Radio weekend THIS weekend to celebrate the release of 70s, 80s, and 90s Stuff for The Sims 3. It does have new music, but it isn't new. It's just 5 songs each from The Sims 1 Rock, Disco, and Rap channels.

We now have over 2200 songs in rotation for KSIM Radio, because we've added music from the Final Fantasy series.

Many more additions and updates are to come! If you're looking for a great radio program to immerse yourself into that is different from regular radio, then tune in KSIM Radio. It's great to sit back and chill to when you just want something different and at times humorous to listen to.

KSIM Radio weekend is on 1/26 and 1/27. Our next one will be in March when both SimCity and Sims 3: University Life come out. Normal schedule is 2-3pm Pacific, Monday - Friday.

Official Site: http://killer-radio.webs.com/ksimradio
Live365 Tune In: http://www.live365.com/stations/vonshep

Note: KSIM Radio is hosted and part of KILR Radio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Show and Tell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: