Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recoloured items vanish?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sita

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Recoloured items vanish? Reply with quote

I spent some time yesterday recolouring some beds. I know, I'm wierd, but I enjoy doing that.

But.

having made a beautiful chocolate recolour of the heart bed, when I put my game on today said bed appeared to be in a grotty pinkish colour.

And another recolour, an old gold version of the castle bed, has completely vanished.

They both still showed in TMog, but without all its options.

I expect I've done something daft but I dunno what. Maybe an older or wiser head than mine can explain?

BTW other beds and things I recoloured in the same sessionshow up fine... jfade's psycho

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the sprites. Sometimes when you save a bitmap the color does not... change how you might think. This varies from program to program.

Also when you make a recolor export the Zs and As too, even if you're not changing them. Sometimes T-mog will error and change the shape when you didn't want it too, if your color is too close to the background yellow.

(Usually this us due to accidentally unchecking "just change colors" when you export, but if you leave that off and always export the As and Zs and just don't change them it usually works nicely.)

Sita

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thank you, I THOUGHT there was a reason why I used to export all the sprites, have only been doing "just change colours" recently.

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Sita

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, when I redid it with all sprites, it worked. Next problem is that ingame it looks a LOT lighter than in T-Mog. In TMog it's a lovely milk chocolate brown. In game it looks orange-ish :P Is there any way, a setting or something? to make stuff the same colour in both?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: