Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For builders - wooded lots - landscaping only!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> If you've been with us this far...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
annettebrks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: For builders - wooded lots - landscaping only! Reply with quote

These are the same lots that were originally posted at Green Sims. Closeups of some sections are included in the zip files.

-----

A landscaped lot (no structures) - this one is for a rural area and focuses mainly on the ATS trees.

The shopping list is tiny, for the benefit of those who for whatever reason are watching their download folder size. Since the objects used are all from PG and ATS, chances are you might already have them anyway.

My game has all EP's including Deluxe. Suzanne mentioned in another thread that she thinks lots made on games with UL+ might cause crashes on games that have only below UL.

For anyone who is intimidated by the thought of landscaping, or just doesn't enjoy it, the ATS trees are a great easy time-saver. I used those constantly when I first started. The set contains several shapes and colors of generic trees that work well in virtually any setting. Because they all go together so well, they can be just sprinkled randomly on a lot and still look good!
annettebrks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is more woodsy, with a creek running along the back. Perhaps a good spot for a cabin or lodge? It also uses more downloads from Persimmon Grove, which gives it a completely different look.
annettebrks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A totally different look, much more formal - a knot garden, the front lined with cypress trees, and an olive grove in the back corner. Still quite a small shopping list, from Gardening Sims, Persimmon Grove - and a couple pieces from the knot garden set at Bunny Wuffles' Architectural Supplies.

This is one of the larger lots, but the trees in the side and back could certainly be removed to allow more room for the house.

Last edited by annettebrks on Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
annettebrks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is in a different style again - there's a small herb garden to the side which takes advantage of an abandoned rock wall section, and a glimpse of an old forest at the rear.
annettebrks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the smaller snow vacation lots - using the snowy objects from Persimmon Grove and Gardening Sims. I've had those downloads for ages and never quite got around to putting them to good use!
annettebrks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another snow vacation lot with downloads from Gardening Sims and Persimmon Grove. This one looks a bit less "planned".

GS has some wonderful filler things like tall spindly trees, short stumpy plants, and snow mounds. What fun!
annettebrks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this is one of the smaller wooded vacation lots, I concentrated on landscaping the front, for a sense of privacy without taking up too much space. The shopping list is again a short one, from Persimmon Grove and Around the Sims. I really enjoy landscaping with water, and this one has a creek running through it.
annettebrks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another snowy lot, and this one uses the type of pool rug that goes over a real pool to change the appearance, while still letting Sims swim in them.

It features the Polar Bear Club pool set from Grim Sims. The whole idea of it is such a hoot that I just had to make one around the theme! I just love the footsteps in the snow on the diving board.

The objects used (pool set) have no special EP requirements.
annettebrks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vacation lot, this one with a deepwoods feel. A swimming hole in the back corner is fully functional - it utilizes the pool rugs from Nighttime Sims, and the Poor Man's diving board and ladder from Additions for the Sims. The shopping list includes what sections to find those things on the sites. I was delighted to find that some of Gardening Sims water plants can also be placed upon pool tiles!
Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are fantastic. I know they are intended for builders - a starting point for building a house of your own but they are really neat as "filler' as well.

I've downloaded several lots from Marina's and am not really ready to add to the neighborhood myself until I get to know those houses. The neighborhood map looked a bit silly with a mixture of the maxis lots and the medieval ones but the idea of just bulldozing was a little bleh and boring. It's really neat to be tuck landscaped lots in over them instead and when I AM ready for my own buildings I wont have "
blank canvas" staring back at me.

Thanks so much for these, Annette! thumbsup
And a thanks to Patty as well! hug I've been making copies of lots and renumbering them to fill in even more spots :)

Last edited by Raeven on Tue May 13, 2008 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> If you've been with us this far... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: