Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Sims 2 Build Mode Problem (Open)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimmerDinner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: The Sims 2 Build Mode Problem (Open) Reply with quote

I've recently got The Sims 2 (Base Game) Via Torrent(I know....). I was trying to place a wall on the lot but the "thingy" (I don't know how to describe this thing but I'm sure you guys know what I mean) is gone, I tried to use patches to fix this problem but none of them works.

So if you guys can help me please help, I don't know what to do anymore because I've been trying to fix this problem for more than 3 hours (That's because I LOVE The Sims series...)

BTW I'm playing this game on Windows 7, everything works fine except Build Mode.

Thank You in advance :D
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a graphical problem... but honestly that game shipped with so many problems and glitches that it's not even worth it to torrent it by itself. I will say that with Sims 2 most of the base game problems were sorted out by Seasons... although that updated the graphical engine and caused a bunch of new problems... even broke some of the older EA props which of course fell on the fans to fix... angry
purplewowies

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actually a problem that seems to amount from using a crack to play the game (even if you've installed from a disc, if you use a crack (unpatched or not patched "correctly") to play, it will disallow use of any build tools). I only really know this from personal experience (I tried using a crack after installing from my cousin's discs because she won't let me permanently have them and I wasn't even sure at the time I wanted them anyway): It might display the tool cursor (for instance, that funky thing for walls), but dragging it doesn't result in changes on the lot. I looked it up, and it seems to be from cracks.

Unless that's not the problem you're having.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: