Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weekends off? Sims only have to work 5 days a week now.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luxus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: But does it blend? Reply with quote

It's a great idea and all... But,does it work,without conflict,with Sims 8 in 1?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keep calm and play Sims!
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sims 8-in-1 is a fanmade thing with a tong of problems.

It was built on the official version of Complete Collection.

Based on how it works, it should work as long as you're not using a replacement car portal.

francot514

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sims 8-1 does exist??? dont know if that will works...
zosa

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did an update ever happen? the original link just goes to an error page for me
purplewowies

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simlogical's forum is gone. sad

I should have both the original and the recolor I mentioned on page 2, but I kind of want to see if Damon has anything to say, just because he did mention working on a different version that I do not have.
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My stuff should still be available here http://white.leadpipecollection.net/?q=node/200

As for a new version... I'm still working on it! I'm basically adding time and holidays including weekends. laugh I have days and seasons working I'm just not sure how (or if) I want to handle aging.

zosa

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaaaah<3 you are super amazing~ thankyou! no more basing career on whether or not i want to play with a particular sim all day or having to put a couple hours to the work computer just to have a morning off XD

you know, i may only be a newbie to sim-arting but i can totally make graphics for you if you want ^^

DamonDamore

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zosa wrote:

you know, i may only be a newbie to sim-arting but i can totally make graphics for you if you want ^^

I might take you up on that sometime!

Right now I'm working on changing how sims work... including allowing sims to actually work from home and still get paid but my projects get out of control.

"Why can't the mailman deliver that?"
"Well, let's just re-write the mailman so they will deliver generic packages, I guess..."

And on it goes. laugh

Raeven

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new UPS/Fed-EX type delivery guy might be better than tinkering with the mailman, especially if you work it so the delivery items are not hardcoded and the service can expand, the same way shop displays can display new (custom) displays using Run Tree By Name.

Or go NPC-less and , inspired by amazon.com's delivery drones, have Simazon packages float gently down to land by the mailbox (balloon graphics already exist LOL though a parachute would be quite cute) along wiht magic starter box graphics and opening animations (I think they do a rummage, right?)

DamonDamore

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I ended up not fiddling with the mailman after research and started making a generic delivery system.

Essentially a box object based on the MM magic kit is created out of world. Next the objects to be delivered are created out of world and given a relationship to the box. Then the delivery NPC is scheduled, he rings the doorbell and drops the box. When the box is opened the items which have a relationship to the box are moved as close to the box as possible.

The downside is that I can't think of a good way to handle inventory items. I thought of using a second box for inventory items which uses an attribute for a token id and amount but that would have to be hard-coded to only work with maxis inventory items...

Delivery drones are an interesting idea though. "PostHaste will dispatch a drone to deliver your packages at oh six hundred hours. Thank your for your assimilation."

francot514

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be cool to see that is WIP or just and idea?
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

francot514 wrote:
Will be cool to see that is WIP or just and idea?

It's WIP until I'm happy with it. Really I want to find a way to make custom inventory items work with it... I may end up trying to allow custom boxes.

francot514

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DamonDamore wrote:

It's WIP until I'm happy with it. Really I want to find a way to make custom inventory items work with it... I may end up trying to allow custom boxes.

Yes, using the mysterius man npc and the Mystery Box is best way to achieve it, i had done something similar myself in past time..
zosa

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

something like the work-at-home abacus or more like the work-at-home laptop?
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zosa wrote:
something like the work-at-home abacus or more like the work-at-home laptop?

Actually I have been working on a lot of work object that would allow you to build your own work lots... And most of the objects would work back home as well :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: