Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

List the themes in your game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Theme Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barmie0

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yersinia, I went to that page to see your stuff, but I couldn't find any working links. sad Dang it!
Yersinia

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barmie0 wrote:
Yersinia, I went to that page to see your stuff, but I couldn't find any working links. sad Dang it!

The pictures are all in the actual posts. I just checked...the thread came up fine (it's right here at Simblesse Oblige, in the Show and Tell area of the forum, in the thread As'ral; I'd just put up a direct link to the thread). But yes, there's some "storytelling" too, because I'm actually introducing the sims as well as showing off their houses.

~Yersinia.

"Hand over the coffee and no one gets hurt."
taggetter

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am doing a mix theme in one neighbor hood kinda LOTR/Harry Potter? bit modern.

So far I just have Rowan Kraven in. also need to destory and re do some of the maxis houses laugh
To add to my theme.

biggrin

KarinL

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barmie0 wrote:
Wow! I wish I could see all of ya'lls neighborhoods. They sound wonderful, and have given me oodles of ideas.
So far I only have one, but I'm sure I'll be adding many more over time.

I never would have dared to start so many different ones if I hadn't read the posts in this forum. So many great sources for stuff, and hints on how to organise.

And now that I've started, it's so much fun!! I'm busy building my spooky halloween neighbourhood and I think I have all of Old Town done. So now I'm adding families and building Downtown.
The spooky was the easiest to start with, because there aren't as many downloads for it as for, say, Tropical/Tiki.

When I come across something really fantastic for any of my other themes, I just download and store it on my hard disk. When it's a file with NPCs I test it a bit in Downtown before storing it. Just to see whether I have all the skins working... :) So Lucius McTavish - my favourite vampire at the moment - has visited countles Japanese and Tropical restaurants, poor soul. (Or is that 'poor soulless'???)
I should share pictures of my McTavish family. They're my favourite to play right now... (I need to see about getting a vampire elixir that works for kids, though. The family only has one child, and she's the only one who isn't a vampire. Not fair to have to be her family's live-in snack!!)

Karin
Yersinia

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarinL wrote:
I should share pictures of my McTavish family. They're my favourite to play right now... (I need to see about getting a vampire elixir that works for kids, though. The family only has one child, and she's the only one who isn't a vampire. Not fair to have to be her family's live-in snack!!)

Well, that's what the Show and Tell area is for! Please do post your sim pictures! I'm sure lots of us here would enjoy them. biggrin

~Yersinia.

KarinL

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I didn't really make anything - just re-decorated a downloaded house...
I do have some pictures in my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/klnl63

I will see if I can find the time to have Zarai and her family go around the Old Town lots I've made so far. And maybe she can visit the other families, too. :)

Karin
Oreocreme

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just 3 themes. Well, only 2 actually, because one is just on the drawing board, so to speak. I have trouble handling too many neighborhoods, because I tend to go into such depth developing my families. I also tend to have a lot of related adults (elderly couples with grown children and grandchildren, adult brothers and sisters who are married and have families, etc.). That requires a lot of work developing relationships to be consistent with my story lines.

At any rate, Neighborhoods 1 & 2 are modern suburban neighborhoods that are actually related to each other. Some Sims there have moved from one to the other.

Neighborhood 3 is a rural neighborhood populated with farmers, hillbillies, bikers, and trailer trash. The highlights there include 2 very detailed farms with typical American farmhouses, barns, animals, and crops; an old man's log cabin with no electricity or plumbing (finding furnishings to meet needs there was quite a challenge); and a very compact trailer that is surprisingly roomy for 2 Sims. I want to build them some community lots with a county fair, a hardware store that sells tractors, and a tacky biker bar.

I am currently planning a university campus and have a folder full of blueprints for dorms and academic buildings. I have also been collecting skins that will be good for college students. I expect to have about 21 students living in dorms and another 16 or so in fraternity & sorority houses when it is all finished. I have never had that many young single Sims in one neighborhood, so it should be interesting. I also plan to use Career Creator to create a student career track that will allow them to advance through their university years. Their money going into the dorm "family" will be like paying room and board fees.

I have also had some thoughts about creating a sequel to the rural neighborhood, where the kids grow up and have to decide whether to follow in their parents' footsteps as farmers, criminal bikers, or whatever. I would use the same lots, but recreate the Sims as adults and elders.
ruthml

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, I'm impressed with how complex the relationships and storylines are. Handling multigenerational families in sims1 is quite an acheivement! We'd love to see some pics (hint hint). I think Nightcrawler - of Who's Yo Simmy yahoo group made a bikies bar/diner which you might like. check out the folder called Redneck Stuff : http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/whosyosimmy/

Oreocreme

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy to post some pix, but at the moment I am getting ready to do a reinstall and my game is sort of ripped apart. I have had some very buggy things happen since I bought the Complete Collection, and I think it didn't install correctly. Only Neighborhood 1 is playable right now. I am a teacher, and am very busy getting everything done for the end of the school year. After the first week of June, I should have a lot more Simming time and hope to get the reinstallation done then.

BTW, Ruth, my redneck neighborhood is where I planned to put the General Store from your Yahoo Group. I was really happy to see your great creations, because they will add so much to my community lots there. Thanks also for letting me know about Who's Yo Simmy. The redneck bar and podium aren't available at the moment. From the posts I saw, it seems there was something wrong with NPC skins, but hopefully they will be fixed and put back up. I did find some floor tiles there that cause sims to act out skits when they stand on them. I downloaded them thinking they could be great for a university auditorium.

Last edited by Oreocreme on Sat May 26, 2007 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oreocreme

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just remembered that I had some pix of my trailer that I posted on a small house thread at TSR. Here they are:

Baker_1_0000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.79 KB
 Viewed:  7011 Time(s)

Baker_1_0000.jpg

Baker_1_0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.83 KB
 Viewed:  7010 Time(s)

Baker_1_0001.jpg

Baker_1_0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  35.52 KB
 Viewed:  7010 Time(s)

Baker_1_0002.jpg

ruthml

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that trailer is so cute!! I find myself drawn to small houses a lot these days (big mansions - you get lost in them). It's great how you've managed to fit all the essentials into a small space and still the sim can move around.

I'm glad you like the general store! And yep, it would work in such a 'hood you've described. What a shame the podium and bar from the Redneck collection don't work. You know, Nightcrawler used to be a regular at the N99 community board. I wonder if it would be worth while trying to contact him to see if that fix is in the pipeline. He's quite friendly and doesn't bite - I think he might have just forgotten to fix it, that's all. Another great "must have" from the Whos yo simmy groups is the strip poker table - did you find that? It's a hoot! laugh

annettebrks

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you - my favorite houses are always the smaller ones. I build some big ones now and then, mainly for the look. But there always ends up being so much wasted space, especially upstairs. I've tried forcing my families to use various rooms by putting activities in them, but then they only go there in order to use a certain object. I guess I like the small houses because there's so much that happens in the rooms I made. I just never end up feeling vested in the big homes I've built.

Personally, I could never live in a cozy little tiny place. My family has too many hobbies and too much clutter to fit it all in! And every one of us needs a place of their own for some alone time. My Sims don't care if there's only one bedroom for 4 kids. My real kids would be at each other's throats. laugh
Oreocreme

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed Nightcrawler about the redneck items, so we will see what he says. I saw that strip poker table, and am thinking about it. I don't know if it would be more appropriate for rednecks or a fraternity house!

My neighborhoods probably seem boring to people with historical themes, but I don't do those because there are too many modern things like NPCs, carpools, etc., that are necessary but don't fit in to the historical period. I think I would hate having a sports car or taxi pull up in front of a Renaissance home. My solution has been to do historical community lots as tourist attractions. Here is an example of a downtown lot I did for my suburban neighborhood 1. It has a Tudor theme. I'm sorry the pix are out of order. They were different when I previewed the post. Look at the last one first.

The antique shop was fun to create. It is just a hodge-podge of all sorts of items. This lot was a lot more fun for me than it was for my Sims, until Raeven made me the invisible TV (point of interest) available on this site and at SSOW. Now the Sims enjoy sitting and looking at the fountains and flowers, and talk about it with their friends!

Restaurant1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.31 KB
 Viewed:  6998 Time(s)

Restaurant1.jpg

Restaurant3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.16 KB

Restaurant3.jpg

Tavern.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.3 KB

Tavern.jpg

Gardens1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.45 KB

Gardens1.jpg

Enjoyingtheview.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  35.46 KB

Enjoyingtheview.jpg

Medievalfountain.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.85 KB

Medievalfountain.jpg

Flowershop.jpg
 Description:
The flower shop sells flowers grown in the Elizabethan gardens behind it. The NPCs on the lot all wear period costumes
 Filesize:  36.22 KB

Flowershop.jpg

Antiqueshop.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.87 KB

Antiqueshop.jpg

Antiques2ndfl.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.67 KB

Antiques2ndfl.jpg

Front.jpg
 Description:
Here is the front of a Tudor-themed tourist attraction. There is a restaurant and tavern on the left and an antique shop on the right. A gate house on the far left houses a flower shop.
 Filesize:  31.9 KB

Front.jpg

Yersinia

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreocreme,

These are totally gorgeous! thumbsup

~Yersinia.

mtaman

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. thumbsup I wouldn't mind visiting those gardens myself. biggrin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Theme Players All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: