Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

List the themes in your game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Theme Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea of trying out a new theme by starting with some away lots. Your Tudor theme area convinced me that I ought to try this with some theme ideas I've been kicking around in my head for a long, long time. yes
Oreocreme

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad if my Tudor lot helped to inspire you, Bruja! Post some pix of yours when you get it done.
mmarie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW it is so much fun to see all the themes everyone comes up with!

I have
1. "normal" neighborhood with original families and such
2. Victorian
3.Medevil
4. Christmas

I'm thinking the next one will be Renissance smile
Madoria

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic is really an inspiration source to game play !!!
shalenn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: My themes... Reply with quote

Hi there,mind if I chime in? My neighborhood is only one,and it is a combo of anime/Harry Potter,with some of my own creations from a fantasy realm I created over 15 years ago.So,I have my king and his court and some wizards and ideas borrowed from my favourite anime,"Bleach" and "Death Note".I know,kind of weird of funky,but,I like it.I also have Asian-themed downloads,Goth stuff,Victorian,etc.Well,that's my two cents.Take care all,Cindy biggrin
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an interesting and unique hood, Cindy.
shalenn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: My themed hood... Reply with quote

Thanks,and my fantasy realm is like a magical kingdom,where the fearie folks look like elves,but,with light green or blue skin,and fearies look like pixies,the kind with wings.It's set in a combonation of Victorian,with some modern tech.The tech is useble with magic and part of the kingdom's citizenry are witchs and wizards,hence the HP element.The king,George Albert James Pepper and his folk,are immortal,and,he looks like he's in his fifties,but has ruled for about a thousand years.Seen a lot of mortal world history go by,he has.George is married,his second one.Now,his kingdom is open minded concerning same sex marriages.Because they believe love is universal.His first marriage was to a lovely lady from his kingdom,who gave him seven kids.George has 8 brothers,all of whom has a place in the kingdom.Having this many kids is not common,for most infants in the kingdom don't survive their first year,only one out of 10 kids born in the kingdom live to maturity.Due to such long lives.Well,thanks for reading and I hope I did'nt offend anyone out there.Take care all,Cindy
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have children at all in several of my neighborhoods. Not having kids in RL, I guess it just doesn't strike me to "create" them unless it's a theme that calls for it, like Harry Potter (oh that Weasley family!)
I have same sex couples in my 1930's and later themed hoods but not the early historical hoods for some reason.
shalenn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Kids in the game.. Reply with quote

None of my current simmies have kids,but,sometimes I'll create a family or two with a kid in it.George's kids are all grown,so,they're adult simmies in the game.George's second spouse is a guy,and,he was seeing this guy while married.But,his late wife was really cool about it! A unique couple indeed,understanding and kind to each other,they were.I have straight and gay couples in my game,I even had two dads for one kid.Oh well,that's what make our games fun,being able to create what we want and have a universal thing going on.Take care,Cindy
Yersinia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it interesting to read the last few posts and see how the "family arrangements" of Simmers' real lives and those of their simmies can be so divergent, as well as diverse. This applies to me, too.

IRL, I'm a divorced straight woman, monogamously dating a man, and very happily childfree by choice (I don't like to be in the same room with anyone under 12 if I can avoid it, in fact!). My sims, however:

As'ral, my Akaren village, is full of children. Why? Because as written, the Akaren have large families (4 kids per family). The sim versions of my Akaren characters don't all have as many children as they do in the novels (the only family which is exactly duplicated in this respect is Olesh and Reaka with their son and three daughters), but I have numerous families with two and three kids apiece.

Cranberry Brooke, my contemporary human hood only has two families with children at all -- Torias and Emani have a son and daughter (which the game gave them before it ever started asking if it was OK to have a baby -- these two kids just materilalized!), and I have Sarah, a single mother of a daughter (based on a story character who was written this way, so I created the little girl as part of her mom's family). I don't plan any more kids at all in this hood, though.

Now I'm running a third hood, with a new subtheme: Vulcan Colony Nine, which is a mixture of Akaren and Vulcans. So far, there's only one child in this hood, but I have plans for a few more. It won't have nearly as many as are in As'ral, but there will be some -- including the boy and girl Rememberer Onak will be raising as a single father (I actually downloaded my first buyable baby especially for this!).

Same sex couples; no, I don't have any permanent ones, but for awhile in Cranberry Brooke I had two women who had been friends, fall in love with each other spontaneously -- and I let them have an affair, but when I had to reinstall the game and they had to meet all over again, while they became friends, they didn't fall in love again. If they did, or if I had other sims fall in love with members of their own sex, it'd be fine, and I'd let them have affairs too.

In As'ral, at the Temple of Vashaleth, there is a very unusual arrangement from the standpoint of Western society and Judeo-Christian beliefs, that is -- but from the standpoint of Akaren tradition, it's normal. Priestess Nuleil and her Servants Numir (male) and Keilyth (female) are not only all lovers with each other, but on occasion, with most of the other adults in the village -- and the Caoileann, who is by tradition not permitted to marry, is lovers with all the single men. (On that note, the Caoileann of the Akaren on Vulcan Colony Nine has that same arrangement with the unmarried Akaren men there.)

~Yersinia.

"Hand over the coffee and no one gets hurt."
KarinL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yersinia wrote:
I find it interesting to read the last few posts and see Same sex couples; no, I don't have any permanent ones, but for awhile in Cranberry Brooke I had two women who had been friends, fall in love with each other spontaneously -- and I let them have an affair, but when I had to reinstall the game and they had to meet all over again, while they became friends, they didn't fall in love again. If they did, or if I had other sims fall in love with members of their own sex, it'd be fine, and I'd let them have affairs too.

I have one same-sex couple that I created that way - two women with two kids.
Also, after I finished playing the 'travelling Sim' challenge and had uploaded all the pictures, I decided to have Phil stay permanently, and before I knew what was happening, he fell in love with my single father fashion designer Barnaby. I still don't know how it happened or why, but I decided to go with it, and had them marry, buy a dog and get a bigger house. :) :)
I have a lot of kids in my game, because for some reason I like Sim kids...

Karin
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karin, that is so funny! Phil ended up in a same sex relationship in my game too! smile
Loopy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided to do an entire fantasy neighbourhood in which all my themes come together. I have gothic witches, pirates, centaurs, dark wizards, aliens, Hellboy, ghosts, and even a couple of harems. Oh, I have a leprechan too. *thinks* I'm sure I'm missing something... I'll be adding in more families using skins from Monster Party Sims, so that'll include devils, Frakenstein, etc., in addition to the alien family. Thi sworks for me rather than just focusing on one specific theme and trying to fill the nieghbourhood with it. I'm having a lot of fun with it too. biggrin
shalenn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Where did you get some of your skins? Reply with quote

Hellboy sounds neat,I've even seen some animated movies with him in them.Also,the demons and such sound cool,maybe my second neighborhood could be Gothic/Demons type thing? Please,share your sources! Thanks and happy simming to all! Cindy biggrin
Aaron_of_Mpls

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see...

I've got barbarians, tribespeople, American Indians, cavepeople, semi-medieval fantasy, a few pirates, some bums and trailer trash; I've done Native/tribal and fantasy neighborhoods, and some otherwise normal neighborhoods with a few sims (including some townies and vacationers) from all of the above.

As for kids, most of my sim families are childless, but I've put a few kids in my latest neighborhoods (15 and 16).

Neighborhoods I'm currently playing are:
  • Neighborhood 13, which is semi-medieval fantasy, including some barbarians and a couple of tribal families;
  • Neighborhood 14, which has some bums and trailer trash, some "normal" families (including a gay couple) with unmarried friends or relatives, two twin brothers, one guy in a cabin in the woods (he wears buckskins), and my usual mix of normal and oddball townies and vacationers;
  • Neighborhood 15, which is tribal (several tribal families, two caveman families, and a castaway couple with a native friend); and
  • Neighborhood 16, which I made from a fresh copy of the original Neighborhood 1, with the Newbie, Goth, Roomies, and Bachelor families, plus a few others I created, and my usual mix of normal and oddball townies and vacationers.
I also have a Neighborhood 17, which is a fresh copy of the original Neighborhood 2, but except for the Mashugas, it's unpopulated as yet; I don't even have any Townies in it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Theme Players All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: