Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sims 1 Neighborhood Editor and IFF Explorer Download
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Show and Tell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
francot514

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: Sims 1 Neighborhood Editor and IFF Explorer Download Reply with quote

Today im posting new screenshoots about my new visual application that allow you to create and edit neighborhoods with customs screens and different kind of lots to the houses... Offering also changes in lot locations and lot zoning...

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOzvqfPTDkE

Last edited by francot514 on Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:19 am; edited 4 times in total
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I love you.
francot514

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what you think? is work in progress and there is much to done about the lot locations...
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I would say is that the lot size I think should reflect how many tiles the lot is.

I'm also curious if you can have a residential lot downtown... and if so how would you move a family into it?

francot514

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot have residential lot in downtown, when you modifiy that lots to be residential, the game doesnt have any change, that is controlled by something else in globals, what you can do is change downtown house to 1-10 and then move a family to it.. but it will losses all "allow in dt only" attributes...
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I was wondering about that. That seems to fit with what I discovered but you worked with it more so...

Also does your beach use the DT beach or the Vacation beach?

francot514

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use booth beach with a little dissapointer result, the lots with downtonw beach have different kind of teleports and need to be replaced, when converting to main nhood loot, also the beach terrain texture not looks same as in the original beach lots...

Pd. can you help me trying to figure out what are this files... You found it in UIGraphics folder...
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think those files are packed into UI.FAR

and... yeah. I tried endlessly to change lot terrain. Seems odd to not have it in the lot's data itself, but when the lots were designed there was just grass, and when the DT beach lots were added no one knew away lots would be such a hit, and for only two lots, well, a workaround was probably used to specially handle some lot numbers.

Or it could be related to the zoning information, objects are "aware" if a lot is a Vacation beach, forest or snow. I'm not sure how the game has that info though.

francot514

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were right, i found two references to sucessfully modifiy the terrain, one in globals:
-is snow, beach or forest vacation lot? i added house number what i like...
the other one in vacation controller: main-grass simulator.

Wanna help me trying to understand so much the simslib and iff?? i need to know how to use code into the program methods...
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to help, but I'm not sure how much time I have at the moment.

I did take a look and I don't think you need to change anything in the vacation controller main-grass simulator.

francot514

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By now its become more complicated, i changed all references in global and vacation controller and none seems to work, i think there is something else i cant still found that make the change.

Notice this, when you rename any house to 40, 41, 42, it automatically become snow lot and when you do reverse it become simple grass lot...
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where but I am pretty sure that somewhere in the game engine specific lot numbers are tied to specific terrains. I don't know if it would be possible for us to update the game engine or not.
francot514

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok course in the global, speficif lot numbers are attached to specific terrains, but modding it dont produce a change value, now there is two choices left, the neighborhood.iff file that cannot be read by iff pencil and the sims.exe itself, or some other like globalclut.pal??? scenario.tds???
purplewowies

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The neighborhood iff can't be read in IffPencil?

Granted, it doesn't look like there's much in it (and there certainly doesn't appear to be info on terrain type), but I can open it just fine.
francot514

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What im talking about is that neighborhood.iff has not been decoded into iff, it only opens with hex editor and it really have big important information, about all your sims variables data like: money, relationship, inventory, house details, negihborhood list, and i think lot terrains...

Also can you cofirm what these scenario.tds do???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Show and Tell All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: